Fairfax Media Network

Black Hills Weather


42.73°S 147.03°E 377m AMSL

Moogara Forecast

Today 19°C
Tonight 8°C
late_shower

Now

16.2°C falling
Updated at 15:50 EST

Upper Derwent for Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h increasing to 40 to 50 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 17.

Currently at Bushy Park

24-hour graph
Temperature 16.2°C falling
Dew Point 6.2°C rising
Feels Like 16.2°C
Relative Humidity 51%
Wind icon
NNW 38km/h rising
Wind Gusts 50km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 9.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:04 EST
Sunset sunset
17:14 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart 17.2°C
Campania 17.6°C
Tunnack 11.2°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly cloudy. Windy
16°C

9pm

Mostly clear. Windy
16°C

12am

Slight chance shower. Windy
16°C

3am

Intermittent rain
14°C

Upper Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Mon 15:35 EST
Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds) for all districts

Tas - Mon 04:54 EST
Cancellation of Sheep Graziers Warning for the Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North West Coast and East Coast

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Moogara 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
May 2
Tue
May 3
Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6
Sat
May 7
Sun
May 8

Late shower

Rain

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 19°C 17°C 16°C 21°C 17°C 21°C 20°C
Minimum 5°C 8°C 3°C 8°C 7°C 4°C 10°C
Chance of Rain 70% 70% 20% 50% 20% 70% 80%
Rain Amount 10-20mm 5-10mm < 1mm 5-10mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Slight Nil Moderate Nil Nil Slight Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 19
km/h
29
km/h
21
km/h
21
km/h
22
km/h
23
km/h
22
km/h
23
km/h
23
km/h
21
km/h
14
km/h
18
km/h
15
km/h
12
km/h
Wind Direction NW 19km/h
NW
NW 29km/h
NW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
W 22km/h
W
NW 23km/h
NW
NNW 22km/h
NNW
NNW 23km/h
NNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
N 14km/h
N
NNW 18km/h
NNW
WSW 15km/h
WSW
WSW 12km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 78% 66% 86% 79% 74% 64% 78% 71% 76% 66% 78% 68% 84% 75%
Dew Point 9°C 12°C 15°C 9°C 3°C 6°C 13°C 15°C 7°C 10°C 10°C 15°C 14°C 13°C

Moogara Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:34 EST
sunrise
07:04 EST
sunset
17:14 EST
last light
17:44 EST
moon
rise
Tue 02:13 EST
set
Tue 15:11 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Bushy Park Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
May 2
7.7°C 18°C 4.6mm
Sun
May 1
7.1°C 17.0°C -
Sat
Apr 30
5.7°C 22.7°C 4.8mm
Fri
Apr 29
7.7°C 16.3°C 0.0mm
Thu
Apr 28
10.2°C 21.6°C 0.0mm

Bushy Park Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
204.6mm
53.9 Day(s)
Total For 2016
87.8mm
29 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
136.0mm
45 Day(s)
Wettest Day
18.4mm
Jan 29
Lowest Temperature
0.3°C
Apr 25
Highest Temperature
36.1°C
Jan 13

Bushy Park Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
7.1°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-6.0°C
22nd 2008
Average This Month
7.4°C
+3.5°C
Long-term Average
3.9°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
25.6°C
8th 2002
Average This Month
17.5°C
+3.2°C
Long-term Average
14.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
4.6mm
2nd
Total This Month
4.6mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
45.0mm
14.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
200.8mm
1958
Driest On Record
2.1mm
1934
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Wind-battered SA, TAS and VIC in for further blasts

11:29 EST

On the weekend wild winds battered South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria, toppling trees and bringing down powerlines and there is more of that on the way.

Hottest May night on record for 20 Queensland cities and towns

16:00 EST

Vast areas of Queensland have experienced the hottest May night since records began, some of which stretch back to the 1800s.

Capital city April wrap-up

14:00 EST

For the majority of Australia April was warmer and drier than average.