Fairfax Media Network

Cleveland Weather


41.81°S 147.42°E 195m AMSL

Powranna Forecast

Today 12°C
Tonight 2°C
mostly_sunny

Now

12.4°C rising
Updated at 13:40 EST

Midlands for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 9 and 12.

Currently at Cressy

24-hour graph
Temperature 12.4°C rising
Dew Point 5.1°C rising
Feels Like 12.2°C
Relative Humidity 61%
Wind icon
N 5km/h falling
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:25 EST
Sunset sunset
16:51 EST

Nearby Now

Launceston Ap 11.3°C
Fingal 11.4°C
Launceston 14.3°C
Scottsdale 13.1°C

Next 12 hours in Launceston Airport

48-hour forecast

3pm

Mostly clear
12°C

6pm

Mostly clear
8°C

9pm

Mostly clear
6°C

12am

Mostly clear
4°C

Midlands Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Powranna 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Tue
May 31
Wed
Jun 1
Thu
Jun 2
Fri
Jun 3

Mostly sunny

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Possible shower

Late shower
Maximum 12°C 12°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 14°C
Minimum 0°C 2°C 0°C -1°C 0°C 0°C 2°C
Chance of Rain 30% 20% 10% 30% 20% 30% 40%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk High Moderate High High High High Moderate
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 6
km/h
9
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
6
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
5
km/h
4
km/h
5
km/h
3
km/h
5
km/h
4
km/h
7
km/h
Wind Direction SW 6km/h
SW
SW 9km/h
SW
SW 11km/h
SW
S 13km/h
S
SE 6km/h
SE
NNE 4km/h
NNE
ESE 4km/h
ESE
ENE 5km/h
ENE
E 4km/h
E
NW 5km/h
NW
N 3km/h
N
NW 5km/h
NW
NE 4km/h
NE
NNW 7km/h
NNW
Relative Humidity 89% 76% 87% 72% 85% 74% 84% 74% 88% 78% 86% 78% 87% 79%
Dew Point 4°C 8°C 5°C 7°C 3°C 7°C 3°C 7°C 4°C 9°C 3°C 9°C 5°C 10°C

Powranna Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:54 EST
sunrise
07:25 EST
sunset
16:51 EST
last light
17:22 EST
moon
rise
Sat 22:52 EST
set
Sun 12:33 EST
moon
Sun
May 29
moon
Sun
Jun 5
moon
Sun
Jun 12
moon
Mon
Jun 20

Ross Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
May 28
-0.9°C - 3.2mm
Fri
May 27
7.0°C 9.2°C 2.6mm
Thu
May 26
-1.5°C 10.9°C 2.4mm
Wed
May 25
-3.4°C 11.1°C 0.0mm
Tue
May 24
2.4°C 11.1°C 3.8mm

Ross Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
183.4mm
48.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
241.4mm
52 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
180.4mm
48 Day(s)
Wettest Day
60.0mm
Jan 29
Lowest Temperature
-3.4°C
May 25
Highest Temperature
32.0°C
Jan 9

Ross Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-3.4°C
25th
Lowest On Record
-6.9°C
22nd 2008
Average This Month
5.6°C
+2.4°C
Long-term Average
3.2°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
19.0°C
13th
Highest On Record
21.7°C
4th 2005
Average This Month
14.7°C
+0.4°C
Long-term Average
14.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
16.6mm
10th
Total This Month
79.8mm
19 Day(s)
Long-term Average
28.5mm
13.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
114.2mm
2012
Driest On Record
5.6mm
1996
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Lake Eyre gets late flow from Queensland and more SA rainfall than usual

12:31 EST

Water is flowing into outback Lake Eyre, but somewhat differently from past flooding of the remote saltpan, travel guide Rex Ellis says.

Kiwis in for a pounding

12:24 EST

A strong and complex low is moving over New Zealand and has been generating heavy rain, isolated thunderstorms and gale force winds.

When it rains over Uluru

12:19 EST

The sunrise this morning likely made the ancient sandstone formation of Uluru glow a glorious red at dawn, although cloud and rain from today should lead to more demure morning displays for the next couple of days.