Fairfax Media Network

Surges Bay Weather


Geeveston Forecast

Tonight 12°C
Tomorrow 19°C
mostly_sunny

Now

12.7°C falling
Updated at 21:50 EST

Lower Derwent for Wednesday Cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far south, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 30 to 45 km/h.
Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far S at night with gusty winds and hail. Winds N/NW 30 to 45 km/h.

Currently at Grove

24-hour graph
Temperature 12.7°C falling
Dew Point 4.1°C rising
Feels Like 11.5°C
Relative Humidity 56%
Wind icon
NE 12km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 3.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:07 EST
Sunset sunset
17:11 EST

Nearby Now

Cape Bruny 12.8°C
Hobart 13.5°C
Warra 9.1°C

Next 12 hours in Tahune Reserve

48-hour forecast

12am

Intermittent rain
10°C

3am

Chance shower
10°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
12°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
13°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Wed 16:05 EST
Gale Warning SE/SW & Central W Coasts. Strong Wind Warning Far NW, Central N, Banks St/Franklin Sound, E of Flinders Is, Up/Lower E Coasts

Tas - Wed 09:58 EST
Final Flood Warning for the Huon River

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Geeveston 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
May 4
Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6
Sat
May 7
Sun
May 8
Mon
May 9
Tue
May 10

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Clearing shower
Maximum 15°C 19°C 17°C 18°C 19°C 18°C 14°C
Minimum 6°C 12°C 12°C 9°C 12°C 11°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 30% 40% 20% 60% 90% 80% 90%
Rain Amount
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
28
km/h
26
km/h
29
km/h
26
km/h
27
km/h
13
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
13
km/h
11
km/h
15
km/h
25
km/h
25
km/h
Wind Direction W 21km/h
W
NW 28km/h
NW
NW 26km/h
NW
NW 29km/h
NW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
WNW 27km/h
WNW
NW 13km/h
NW
NW 11km/h
NW
ENE 14km/h
ENE
ENE 13km/h
ENE
NE 11km/h
NE
NW 15km/h
NW
W 25km/h
W
WSW 25km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 70% 60% 76% 68% 74% 63% 77% 68% 82% 83% 89% 78% 83% 78%
Dew Point 4°C 6°C 12°C 13°C 9°C 9°C 9°C 12°C 13°C 16°C 12°C 13°C 10°C 11°C

Geeveston Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:38 EST
sunrise
07:08 EST
sunset
17:09 EST
last light
17:40 EST
moon
rise
Thu 04:39 EST
set
Thu 16:24 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Dover Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
May 4
2.8°C - 13.8mm
Tue
May 3
9.2°C 12.1°C 13.4mm
Mon
May 2
6.1°C 17.0°C 12.0mm
Sun
May 1
7.4°C 15.0°C 8.0mm
Sat
Apr 30
10.7°C 22.5°C 3.0mm

Dover Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
296.3mm
65.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
177.8mm
50 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
328.4mm
64 Day(s)
Wettest Day
18.0mm
Jan 30
Lowest Temperature
2.2°C
Apr 7
Highest Temperature
31.8°C
Jan 13

Dover Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
2.8°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-1.5°C
31st 2006
Average This Month
6.4°C
+0.6°C
Long-term Average
5.8°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
17.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
25.2°C
8th 2002
Average This Month
14.7°C
-0.1°C
Long-term Average
14.8°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
13.8mm
4th
Total This Month
47.2mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
68.7mm
16.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
243.6mm
1958
Driest On Record
11.2mm
1996
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria weather: Strong winds hit Melbourne, southern parts of state as cold front moves through

18:02 EST

A deep cold front has swept through Melbourne and parts of southern Victoria, uprooting trees and damaging buildings with wind gusts of more than 100 kilometres per hour (kph).

Wet start for the dry season

14:15 EST

After a disappointingly dry wet season, the start of the dry season is bearing some healthy rainfall.