Fairfax Media Network

North Hobart Weather


Hobart Forecast

Tonight 10°C
Tomorrow 19°C
cloudy

Now

11.4°C falling
Updated at 21:00 EDT

Lower Derwent for Friday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the south, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds SW 35 to 50 km/h turning W 25 to 35 km/h in the evening.
Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h. Low-Moderate.

Currently at Hobart

24-hour graph
Temperature 11.4°C falling
Dew Point 2.1°C rising
Feels Like 9.9°C
Relative Humidity 53%
Wind icon
NW 12km/h falling
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1014.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 4.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:26 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:41 EDT

Nearby Now

Hobart Ap 11.3°C
Campania 11.1°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly clear
11°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
10°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
11°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
16°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Fri 16:05 EDT
Gale Warning for the Upper/Lower E & SE Coasts. Strong Wind Warning elsewhere except Derwent Estuary and Central West

National Forecast

Hobart 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14
Thu
Dec 15

Mostly sunny

Cloudy

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Windy with showers

Possible shower
Maximum 15°C 19°C 19°C 24°C 32°C 19°C 19°C
Minimum 8°C 10°C 12°C 10°C 14°C 14°C 9°C
Chance of Rain 20% 50% 20% 30% 60% 50% 30%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High
Pollen Index Moderate Very High High Extreme High Very High High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 35
km/h
38
km/h
21
km/h
28
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
10
km/h
14
km/h
21
km/h
32
km/h
26
km/h
38
km/h
30
km/h
32
km/h
Wind Direction SW 35km/h
SW
WSW 38km/h
WSW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
WNW 28km/h
WNW
W 16km/h
W
SSW 16km/h
SSW
NW 10km/h
NW
WSW 14km/h
WSW
N 21km/h
N
NNW 32km/h
NNW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
W 38km/h
W
W 30km/h
W
W 32km/h
W
Relative Humidity 53% 42% 57% 52% 51% 40% 55% 38% 44% 29% 56% 42% 50% 40%
Dew Point 1°C 2°C 7°C 9°C 5°C 5°C 7°C 9°C 11°C 12°C 6°C 6°C 3°C 5°C

Hobart Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
04:51 EDT
sunrise
05:26 EDT
sunset
20:42 EDT
last light
21:17 EDT
moon
set
Sat 02:51 EDT
rise
Sat 15:58 EDT
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Hobart Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Dec 9
8.2°C 16°C 1.6mm
Thu
Dec 8
11.8°C 24.0°C 1.2mm
Wed
Dec 7
12.2°C 24.8°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
11.1°C 18.7°C 0.0mm
Mon
Dec 5
15.2°C 22.0°C 6.6mm

Hobart Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
613.2mm
163.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
650.4mm
161 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
505.8mm
155 Day(s)
Wettest Day
39.0mm
Sep 30
Lowest Temperature
1.1°C
Jun 2
Highest Temperature
34.4°C
Jan 13

Hobart Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.2°C
9th
Lowest On Record
3.3°C
3rd 1906
Average This Month
11.6°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
10.8°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
25.0°C
4th
Highest On Record
40.6°C
30th 1897
Average This Month
21.2°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
20.4°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
6.6mm
5th
Total This Month
14.0mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
56.4mm
12.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
206.4mm
1985
Driest On Record
0.4mm
1994
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

A year of Australian weather captured in a calendar

18:00 EDT

Photographs of weather phenomena around Australia, some of them capturing rare events, have been chosen for the 2017 Australian Weather Calendar.

Temperatures soar in the west

16:36 EDT

Perth is enduring a sweaty end to the week, although a cool change is on the way.

Perfect storm photos: storm chasers give up their tips for taking best pic

15:55 EDT

While most Queenslanders sheltered inside during the past week of severe storms, a breed of professional photographers known as storm chasers were outside, braving the danger to get the best possible shot.