Fairfax Media Network

Leslie Vale Weather


42.96°S 147.23°E 309m AMSL

Hobart Forecast

This morning 7°C
Today 11°C
showers

Now

8.3°C rising
Updated at 05:10 EST

Lower Derwent for Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

Currently at Hobart

24-hour graph
Temperature 8.3°C rising
Dew Point 3.9°C falling
Feels Like 6.4°C
Relative Humidity 74%
Wind icon
W 11km/h steady
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure 1006.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:29 EST
Sunset sunset
16:46 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart Ap 9.1°C
Campania 8.8°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

6am

Rain
8°C

9am

Rain
8°C

12pm

Chance shower or storm
10°C

3pm

Chance shower or storm
11°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Tue 05:00 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

National Forecast

Hobart 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
May 30
Wed
May 31
Thu
Jun 1
Fri
Jun 2
Sat
Jun 3
Sun
Jun 4
Mon
Jun 5

Showers

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Possible shower
Maximum 11°C 13°C 15°C 16°C 16°C 15°C 15°C
Minimum 7°C 5°C 7°C 9°C 8°C 8°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 90% 20% 5% 30% 20% 70% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 16
km/h
21
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
16
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
9
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
9
km/h
10
km/h
10
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 16km/h
WSW
SW 21km/h
SW
W 13km/h
W
W 16km/h
W
WNW 14km/h
WNW
WNW 16km/h
WNW
NW 12km/h
NW
WNW 14km/h
WNW
NW 9km/h
NW
NW 8km/h
NW
NNW 11km/h
NNW
NNW 9km/h
NNW
NW 10km/h
NW
NNW 10km/h
NNW
Relative Humidity 81% 59% 73% 58% 78% 60% 78% 62% 82% 68% 78% 65% 79% 63%
Dew Point 5°C 3°C 3°C 5°C 6°C 7°C 8°C 8°C 8°C 10°C 6°C 8°C 6°C 8°C

Hobart Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:58 EST
sunrise
07:29 EST
sunset
16:46 EST
last light
17:18 EST
moon
rise
Tue 11:23 EST
set
Tue 21:42 EST
moon
Thu
Jun 1
moon
Fri
Jun 9
moon
Sat
Jun 17
moon
Sat
Jun 24

Hobart Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
May 29
5.2°C 13°C 0.0mm
Sun
May 28
6.3°C 12.4°C 2.6mm
Sat
May 27
4.4°C 16.5°C 0.0mm
Fri
May 26
8.5°C 14.8°C 0.0mm
Thu
May 25
9.5°C 16.3°C 0.0mm

Hobart Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
228.8mm
57.7 Day(s)
Total For 2017
152.4mm
50 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
183.8mm
53 Day(s)
Wettest Day
34.8mm
Jan 2
Lowest Temperature
3.3°C
Apr 27
Highest Temperature
32.1°C
Mar 14

Hobart Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.4°C
27th
Lowest On Record
-1.6°C
20th 1902
Average This Month
7.7°C
+0.7°C
Long-term Average
7.0°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
20.7°C
22nd
Highest On Record
25.7°C
1st 1997
Average This Month
15.0°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
14.5°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
5.2mm
21st
Total This Month
23.4mm
12 Day(s)
Long-term Average
45.3mm
14.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
213.8mm
1958
Driest On Record
3.9mm
1913
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Wintery preview as snow covers alps

13:09 EST

The first in a pair of cold fronts brought a decent bout of snow to Australia's alps on Sunday and more is on the way tomorrow.

Sydney set to shiver

11:25 EST

If you thought getting out of bed was difficult in Sydney this morning, then you probably won't like tomorrow.

Sri Lanka floods leave at least 151 dead, aid agencies warn half a million displaced

06:43 EST

Sri Lankan rescuers yesterday continued the grim task of retrieving more bodies, buried beneath deadly mudslides triggered by monsoonal downpours which dumped a month's rain in single day.