Fairfax Media Network

Grasstree Hill Weather


42.78°S 147.36°E 247m AMSL

Hobart Forecast

This morning 10°C
Today 18°C
rain_clearing

Now

13.1°C rising
Updated at 03:10 EST

Lower Derwent for Monday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog. High (80%) chance of rain, most likely during the morning east of Hobart, and then at night. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming W/NW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

Currently at Campania

24-hour graph
Temperature 13.1°C rising
Dew Point 11.8°C steady
Feels Like 12.5°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
N 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 11km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:53 EST
Sunset sunset
17:23 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart 13.6°C
Hobart Ap 13.5°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

6am

Rain
10°C

9am

Rain
12°C

12pm

Slight chance shower
16°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
18°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Mon 21:26 EST
Road Weather Alert for Tasmania for North East Forecast District

National Forecast

Hobart 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Apr 25
Wed
Apr 26
Thu
Apr 27
Fri
Apr 28
Sat
Apr 29
Sun
Apr 30
Mon
May 1

Rain clearing

Showers easing

Cloudy

Late shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 18°C 13°C 16°C 18°C 16°C 18°C 17°C
Minimum 10°C 8°C 5°C 9°C 10°C 6°C 10°C
Chance of Rain 90% 80% 20% 60% 5% 50% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 7
km/h
11
km/h
26
km/h
32
km/h
16
km/h
22
km/h
19
km/h
27
km/h
31
km/h
30
km/h
16
km/h
20
km/h
15
km/h
19
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 7km/h
NNW
WNW 11km/h
WNW
SW 26km/h
SW
SW 32km/h
SW
W 16km/h
W
WNW 22km/h
WNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
WNW 27km/h
WNW
WSW 31km/h
WSW
SW 30km/h
SW
WNW 16km/h
WNW
W 20km/h
W
NW 15km/h
NW
NW 19km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 84% 62% 64% 49% 59% 47% 70% 55% 62% 50% 67% 48% 68% 50%
Dew Point 10°C 11°C 3°C 1°C 1°C 4°C 7°C 9°C 6°C 4°C 4°C 7°C 7°C 6°C

Hobart Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:24 EST
sunrise
06:53 EST
sunset
17:23 EST
last light
17:53 EST
moon
rise
Tue 04:50 EST
set
Tue 16:55 EST
moon
Wed
Apr 26
moon
Wed
May 3
moon
Thu
May 11
moon
Fri
May 19

Campania Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Apr 24
11.9°C 19°C 2.0mm
Sun
Apr 23
12.3°C 14.5°C 2.4mm
Sat
Apr 22
12.3°C 19.3°C 0.0mm
Fri
Apr 21
9.5°C 25.9°C 0.0mm
Thu
Apr 20
7.8°C 25.2°C 0.0mm

Campania Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
137.9mm
39.0 Day(s)
Total For 2017
148.8mm
37 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
93.0mm
33 Day(s)
Wettest Day
58.0mm
Jan 2
Lowest Temperature
1.9°C
Apr 3
Highest Temperature
32.7°C
Mar 19

Campania Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.9°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
-1.7°C
17th 2006
Average This Month
7.4°C
+0.0°C
Long-term Average
7.4°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
26.3°C
6th
Highest On Record
32.0°C
2nd 2005
Average This Month
20.1°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
18.9°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
14.8mm
10th
Total This Month
23.0mm
8 Day(s)
Long-term Average
34.5mm
11.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
97.6mm
2011
Driest On Record
8.0mm
2002
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Drought-stricken Indian farmers shock Tamil Nadu government into action

21:53 EST

Farmers desperately seeking drought relief have suspended a dramatic protest in Delhi, during which they ate rats and threatened to consume their own faeces, after the Government vowed to meet their demands.

Cyclone Debbie likely to cost Queensland budget $1.5 billion

16:39 EST

Queensland's upcoming budget is expected to take a $1.5 billion hit from Cyclone Debbie, Treasurer Curtis Pitt says, despite the overall damage bill to private and public infrastructure predicted to reach $2 billion.

ANZAC Day Dawn Service Forecast

14:40 EST

What will the weather be like for ANZAC Day Dawn Services around the country? Sydney will be dry with temperatures ranging from around 18 degrees in the east to 14 in the west.