you are not logged in | login or join us

Geeveston Weather

  RSS

43.16°S 146.93°E 26m AMSL

Geeveston Forecast

This morning 11°C
Today 18°C
Mostly sunny

Now

15.5°C falling
Updated at 03:30 EDT

Lower Derwent for Saturday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of rain in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 25 to 40 km/h tending W/NW 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.
Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h tending W/SW 35 to 50 km/h in the morning then decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h in the late evening. Low-Moderate.

Currently at Grove

Temperature 15.5°C falling
Dew Point 6.7°C steady
Feels Like 15.5°C
Relative Humidity 56%
Wind icon
W 18km/h rising
Wind Gusts 31km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 4.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.0mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Sunday

Sunrise sunrise
06:51 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:58 EDT

Nearby Now

Cape Bruny 14.8°C
Warra 10.2°C
Hobart 16.2°C

Next 12 hours in Tahune Reserve

possible shower

6am

Intermittent rain
8°C
possible shower

9am

Slight chance shower
10°C
possible shower

12pm

Chance shower
11°C
shower

3pm

Shower
13°C
powered by Opticast

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

Tas - Sat 22:50 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

Tasmania weather update

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Geeveston 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Mar 1
Mon
Mar 2
Tue
Mar 3
Wed
Mar 4
Thu
Mar 5
Fri
Mar 6
Sat
Mar 7
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
clearing shower
Clearing shower
windy with showers
Windy with showers
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
Maximum 18°C 22°C 18°C 19°C 15°C 15°C 19°C
Minimum 11°C 5°C 10°C 10°C 7°C 8°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 40% 60% 40% 80% 90% 40% 5%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index High Very High High High High
Frost Risk Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 23
km/h
24
km/h
9
km/h
14
km/h
17
km/h
23
km/h
30
km/h
34
km/h
28
km/h
32
km/h
25
km/h
25
km/h
17
km/h
18
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 23km/h
WSW
WSW 24km/h
WSW
N 9km/h
N
WNW 14km/h
WNW
W 17km/h
W
WNW 23km/h
WNW
NW 30km/h
NW
NW 34km/h
NW
W 28km/h
W
WSW 32km/h
WSW
WSW 25km/h
WSW
WSW 25km/h
WSW
WNW 17km/h
WNW
W 18km/h
W
Relative Humidity 74% 51% 60% 33% 68% 42% 66% 58% 69% 51% 68% 47% 69% 55%
Dew Point 8°C 7°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 4°C 9°C 9°C 5°C 5°C 6°C 5°C 8°C 10°C

Geeveston Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon rise moon set full moon last quarter new moon first quarter
first light
06:21 EDT
sunrise
06:51 EDT
sunset
19:58 EDT
last light
20:28 EDT
moon
rise
Sun 17:11 EDT
set
Mon 03:23 EDT
moon
Fri
Mar 6
moon
Sat
Mar 14
moon
Fri
Mar 20
moon
Fri
Mar 27

Geeveston Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Feb 28
11.0°C 17°C 0.0mm
Fri
Feb 27
10.6°C 20.0°C 0.0mm
Thu
Feb 26
12.1°C 19.8°C 0.0mm
Wed
Feb 25
7.6°C 23.5°C 0.0mm
Tue
Feb 24
5.9°C 16.5°C 4.4mm

Geeveston Year To Date

average rainfall to Mar
152.3mm
31.8 day(s)
total for 2015
137.0mm
22 day(s)
total to this day 2014
84.6mm
23 day(s)
wettest day
46.4mm
Jan 14
lowest temperature
4.2°C
Jan 20
highest temperature
35.0°C
Feb 22

Geeveston Almanac

March minimum temperature
lowest this month
lowest on record
-1.2°C
26th 2005
average this month
 
long-term average
8.5°C
March maximum temperature
highest this month
highest on record
36.8°C
12th 2013
average this month
 
long-term average
20.1°C
March rainfall
wettest this month
total this month
0 day(s)
long-term average
49.6mm
11.7 day(s)
wettest on record
113.0mm
1981
driest on record
7.0mm
1994

Geeveston Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Geeveston Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Victorian storms: Toddler killed, girl taken to hospital after tree falls on house in Dandenong Ranges

ABC licensed image 03:23 EDT A two-year-old boy has died and a girl suffered serious injuries after a tree fell on their house at The Patch in the Dandenong Ranges, east of Melbourne, as severe thunderstorms swept through Victoria on Saturday evening.

Help with Weatherzone