Fairfax Media Network

Connellys Marsh Weather


Hobart Airport Forecast

This morning 10°C
Today 22°C
mostly_sunny

Now

13.7°C rising
Updated at 05:50 EST

Lower Derwent for Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the far S later tonight with gusty winds and hail. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h turning NW 30 to 45 km/h during the afternoon and evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 16 and 21.

Currently at Dunalley

24-hour graph
Temperature 13.7°C rising
Dew Point 8.7°C rising
Feels Like 12.0°C
Relative Humidity 72%
Wind icon
NNE 20km/h rising
Wind Gusts 24km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:05 EST
Sunset sunset
17:08 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart Ap 14.8°C
Hobart 16.0°C
Campania 15.4°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart Airport

48-hour forecast

9am

Mostly cloudy
16°C

12pm

Mostly cloudy
21°C

3pm

Mostly cloudy. Windy
21°C

6pm

Mostly clear
18°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Thu 05:00 EST
Gale Warning for SW/CW coasts. Strong Wind Warning for Far NW/CN/UE/LE/SE coasts, Banks Strait, Franklin Sound & E of Flinders Island

Tas - Wed 09:58 EST
Final Flood Warning for the Huon River

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Hobart Airport 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
May 5
Fri
May 6
Sat
May 7
Sun
May 8
Mon
May 9
Tue
May 10
Wed
May 11

Mostly sunny

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Possible shower
Maximum 22°C 19°C 21°C 23°C 22°C 18°C 16°C
Minimum 10°C 11°C 8°C 11°C 11°C 8°C 7°C
Chance of Rain 30% 20% 70% 90% 90% 80% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 24
km/h
31
km/h
23
km/h
30
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
10
km/h
15
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
21
km/h
32
km/h
20
km/h
26
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 24km/h
NNW
NNW 31km/h
NNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
WNW 30km/h
WNW
NNW 14km/h
NNW
NNW 14km/h
NNW
ENE 10km/h
ENE
ENE 15km/h
ENE
N 12km/h
N
N 14km/h
N
NW 21km/h
NW
SW 32km/h
SW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 61% 45% 58% 38% 62% 47% 75% 66% 83% 67% 72% 55% 67% 45%
Dew Point 9°C 9°C 5°C 4°C 5°C 10°C 11°C 15°C 12°C 15°C 6°C 8°C 4°C 4°C

Hobart Airport Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:35 EST
sunrise
07:05 EST
sunset
17:08 EST
last light
17:38 EST
moon
set
Thu 16:22 EST
rise
Fri 05:52 EST
moon
Sat
May 7
moon
Sat
May 14
moon
Sun
May 22
moon
Sun
May 29

Dunalley Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
May 4
6.6°C 16°C 1.4mm
Tue
May 3
11.8°C 14.6°C 4.6mm
Mon
May 2
9.3°C 18.3°C 10.0mm
Sun
May 1
14.7°C 18.1°C 0.6mm
Sat
Apr 30
12.9°C 22.7°C 1.0mm

Hobart Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
189.9mm
50.2 Day(s)
Total For 2016
95.2mm
38 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
168.2mm
46 Day(s)
Wettest Day
16.8mm
Jan 29
Lowest Temperature
4.6°C
May 4
Highest Temperature
35.1°C
Jan 13

Hobart Ap Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.6°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-2.2°C
29th 1972
Average This Month
9.6°C
+3.0°C
Long-term Average
6.6°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.1°C
2nd
Highest On Record
25.6°C
1st 1997
Average This Month
15.8°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
15.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
8.8mm
3rd
Total This Month
18.4mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
35.6mm
11.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
112.8mm
1969
Driest On Record
3.4mm
1991
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Victoria weather: Strong winds hit Melbourne, southern parts of state as cold front moves through

18:02 EST

A deep cold front has swept through Melbourne and parts of southern Victoria, uprooting trees and damaging buildings with wind gusts of more than 100 kilometres per hour (kph).

Wet start for the dry season

14:15 EST

After a disappointingly dry wet season, the start of the dry season is bearing some healthy rainfall.