Fairfax Media Network

Charlotte Cove Weather


Dover Forecast

Tonight 9°C
Tomorrow 16°C
clearing_shower

Now

15.3°C rising
Updated at 18:36 EST

Lower Derwent for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 30 to 45 km/h.
Saturday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of morning showers in the far south, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h tending SW 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late evening. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low].

Currently at Cape Bruny

24-hour graph
Temperature 15.3°C rising
Dew Point 9.4°C falling
Feels Like 15.3°C
Relative Humidity 68%
Wind icon
WNW 40km/h steady
Wind Gusts 65km/h
Pressure 1009.2hPa falling
Fire Danger 5.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:59 EST
Sunset sunset
17:20 EST

Nearby Now

Hobart 16.3°C
Hobart Ap 15.6°C

Next 12 hours in Cape Bruny

48-hour forecast

9pm

Chance shower. Windy
14°C

12am

Mostly cloudy. Windy
13°C

3am

Slight chance shower. Windy
12°C

6am

Mostly cloudy. Windy
11°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Fri 16:48 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

National Forecast

Dover 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Apr 28
Sat
Apr 29
Sun
Apr 30
Mon
May 1
Tue
May 2
Wed
May 3
Thu
May 4

Mostly cloudy

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 17°C 16°C 17°C 18°C 13°C 14°C 15°C
Minimum 8°C 9°C 4°C 8°C 5°C 4°C 5°C
Chance of Rain 20% 30% 50% 80% 60% 40% 5%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Nil Slight Slight Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 20
km/h
29
km/h
24
km/h
20
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
24
km/h
24
km/h
23
km/h
24
km/h
18
km/h
18
km/h
12
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction NW 20km/h
NW
NW 29km/h
NW
W 24km/h
W
WSW 20km/h
WSW
NNW 11km/h
NNW
NW 13km/h
NW
NNW 24km/h
NNW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
W 23km/h
W
WSW 24km/h
WSW
WSW 18km/h
WSW
WSW 18km/h
WSW
W 12km/h
W
W 13km/h
W
Relative Humidity 77% 70% 77% 71% 78% 63% 76% 70% 71% 66% 71% 68% 76% 71%
Dew Point 8°C 11°C 8°C 10°C 6°C 10°C 12°C 10°C 4°C 6°C 4°C 7°C 7°C 10°C

Dover Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:30 EST
sunrise
07:00 EST
sunset
17:18 EST
last light
17:48 EST
moon
set
Fri 18:56 EST
rise
Sat 09:46 EST
moon
Wed
May 3
moon
Thu
May 11
moon
Fri
May 19
moon
Fri
May 26

Dover Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Apr 28
3.8°C - 0.0mm
Thu
Apr 27
2.0°C 14.0°C 2.8mm
Wed
Apr 26
5.7°C 13.2°C 1.8mm
Tue
Apr 25
9.8°C 16.8°C 0.8mm
Mon
Apr 24
10.0°C 16.7°C 0.2mm

Dover Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Apr
227.6mm
49.2 Day(s)
Total For 2017
134.6mm
56 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
125.8mm
44 Day(s)
Wettest Day
14.0mm
Feb 13
Lowest Temperature
2.0°C
Apr 27
Highest Temperature
32.7°C
Mar 15

Dover Almanac

full climatology
April Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
2.0°C
27th
Lowest On Record
-2.0°C
30th 2009
Average This Month
7.1°C
+0.0°C
Long-term Average
7.1°C
April Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
25.5°C
8th
Highest On Record
28.6°C
2nd 2005
Average This Month
17.8°C
+1.0°C
Long-term Average
16.8°C
April Rainfall
Wettest This Month
12.2mm
10th
Total This Month
36.4mm
13 Day(s)
Long-term Average
64.6mm
14.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
262.0mm
1960
Driest On Record
16.9mm
1945
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

BOM predicts a less destructive South Australian coastal storm season this year

18:26 EST

As the mercury plummets across South Australia ahead of winter, coastal properties are preparing for the inevitable storm surges.

Arid April in Perth

15:37 EST

Perth has not recorded any rainfall so far this month.

Flood assistance 'slow' as coordination issues dog federal-state response to WA disasters

14:08 EST

A Western Australian Government official says "our eyes widened" when the new administration faced federal-state cooperative issues tackling the state's storm recovery after months of damaging weather.