Fairfax Media Network

Berriedale Weather


Hobart Forecast

Tonight 9°C
Tomorrow 15°C
clearing_shower

Now

11.9°C rising
Updated at 21:30 EST

Lower Derwent for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 25 to 40 km/h.
Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds NW 25 to 40 km/h decreasing to 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning then tending N 25 to 35 km/h in the early afternoon.

Currently at Hobart

24-hour graph
Temperature 11.9°C rising
Dew Point 7.8°C falling
Feels Like 9.6°C
Relative Humidity 76%
Wind icon
NNW 22km/h rising
Wind Gusts 37km/h
Pressure 1015.1hPa steady
Fire Danger 2.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:43 EST
Sunset sunset
16:45 EST

Nearby Now

Campania 13.2°C
Hobart Ap 12.5°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly cloudy
12°C

3am

Intermittent rain
11°C

6am

Slight chance shower
10°C

9am

Intermittent rain
10°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Tue 16:05 EST
Gale Warning for the South West Coast. Strong Wind Warning for East of Flinders Island, South East Coast and Central West Coast

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Hobart 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jun 28
Wed
Jun 29
Thu
Jun 30
Fri
Jul 1
Sat
Jul 2
Sun
Jul 3
Mon
Jul 4

Late shower

Clearing shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 14°C 15°C 13°C 12°C 14°C 14°C 10°C
Minimum 6°C 9°C 8°C 6°C 8°C 9°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 70% 60% 60% 20% 40% 90% 70%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 5-10mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 20
km/h
22
km/h
13
km/h
13
km/h
27
km/h
21
km/h
19
km/h
19
km/h
22
km/h
23
km/h
25
km/h
25
km/h
20
km/h
16
km/h
Wind Direction NW 20km/h
NW
NW 22km/h
NW
NW 13km/h
NW
NNW 13km/h
NNW
NNE 27km/h
NNE
N 21km/h
N
WNW 19km/h
WNW
WNW 19km/h
WNW
NW 22km/h
NW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
NW 25km/h
NW
NW 25km/h
NW
WSW 20km/h
WSW
WSW 16km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 74% 59% 79% 64% 69% 61% 75% 62% 75% 62% 70% 58% 71% 59%
Dew Point 6°C 6°C 6°C 8°C 4°C 6°C 3°C 5°C 7°C 7°C 5°C 5°C 1°C 2°C

Hobart Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
07:10 EST
sunrise
07:43 EST
sunset
16:46 EST
last light
17:18 EST
moon
rise
Wed 01:14 EST
set
Wed 12:54 EST
moon
Mon
Jul 4
moon
Tue
Jul 12
moon
Wed
Jul 20
moon
Wed
Jul 27

Hobart Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jun 28
7.9°C 16°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jun 27
6.0°C 13.4°C 0.2mm
Sun
Jun 26
5.0°C 14.2°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jun 25
3.3°C 11.9°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jun 24
3.5°C 10.0°C 2.2mm

Hobart Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jun
281.3mm
72.8 Day(s)
Total For 2016
297.4mm
69 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
325.6mm
81 Day(s)
Wettest Day
23.2mm
Jun 7
Lowest Temperature
1.1°C
Jun 2
Highest Temperature
34.4°C
Jan 13

Hobart Almanac

full climatology
June Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.1°C
2nd
Lowest On Record
-2.8°C
25th 1972
Average This Month
6.3°C
+1.1°C
Long-term Average
5.2°C
June Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
17.8°C
6th
Highest On Record
20.6°C
1st 1907
Average This Month
13.5°C
+1.5°C
Long-term Average
12.0°C
June Rainfall
Wettest This Month
23.2mm
7th
Total This Month
113.6mm
16 Day(s)
Long-term Average
52.5mm
15.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
238.3mm
1954
Driest On Record
1.8mm
1979
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

As much of Australia chills, Darwin sweats

18:00 EST

The cold fronts that have frozen southeastern Australia haven't had the gas to push far enough north to cool Darwin, with heat records for the NT capital.

Tips to stay warm in winter: Feeling cold is all about perception, health scientist says

13:26 EST

As residents in New South Wales emerge from under the rug after their , the question on the blue lips of many is what's the best way to stay warm? While many may feel their insides are rapidly chilling, Dr Ollie Jay from the University of Sydney said little was happening to our bodies internally and the cold was all due to "perception".

WA winter starting cold in south, warm in north

13:24 EST

So far this winter Western Australia has been divided, unseasonably cold in the south and hot in the north.