Fairfax Media Network

Austins Ferry Weather


New Norfolk Forecast

Today 20°C
Tonight 10°C
possible_shower

Now

16.8°C rising
Updated at 09:00 EDT

Lower Derwent for Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 20. Low-Moderate.

Currently at Hobart

24-hour graph
Temperature 16.8°C rising
Dew Point 6.4°C rising
Feels Like 14.0°C
Relative Humidity 50%
Wind icon
NNW 20km/h rising
Wind Gusts 35km/h
Pressure 1016.0hPa steady
Fire Danger 6.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:27 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:43 EDT

Nearby Now

Campania 14.9°C
Hobart Ap 15.8°C
Bushy Park 16.0°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart

48-hour forecast

12pm

Cloudy
19°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
18°C

6pm

Mostly cloudy
17°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy
15°C

Lower Derwent Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Sat 05:00 EDT
Strong Wind Warning for South East Coast and South West Coast. Cancellation for Lower East Coast

National Forecast

New Norfolk 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14
Thu
Dec 15
Fri
Dec 16

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 20°C 22°C 26°C 34°C 19°C 20°C 26°C
Minimum 9°C 10°C 8°C 12°C 12°C 8°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 20% 10% 20% 40% 50% 10% 10%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
23
km/h
13
km/h
10
km/h
8
km/h
9
km/h
17
km/h
26
km/h
25
km/h
32
km/h
24
km/h
25
km/h
13
km/h
9
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 21km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
W 13km/h
W
W 10km/h
W
NW 8km/h
NW
WNW 9km/h
WNW
NNW 17km/h
NNW
NW 26km/h
NW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
W 32km/h
W
WNW 24km/h
WNW
W 25km/h
W
WNW 13km/h
WNW
WNW 9km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 74% 69% 64% 45% 63% 44% 54% 40% 68% 61% 65% 56% 62% 49%
Dew Point 11°C 14°C 8°C 9°C 11°C 13°C 15°C 17°C 10°C 9°C 7°C 11°C 9°C 14°C

New Norfolk Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
04:52 EDT
sunrise
05:27 EDT
sunset
20:43 EDT
last light
21:18 EDT
moon
rise
Sat 15:59 EDT
set
Sun 03:28 EDT
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Hobart Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Dec 9
8.2°C 16°C 1.6mm
Thu
Dec 8
11.8°C 24.0°C 1.2mm
Wed
Dec 7
12.2°C 24.8°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
11.1°C 18.7°C 0.0mm
Mon
Dec 5
15.2°C 22.0°C 6.6mm

Hobart Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
613.2mm
163.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
650.4mm
161 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
505.8mm
155 Day(s)
Wettest Day
39.0mm
Sep 30
Lowest Temperature
1.1°C
Jun 2
Highest Temperature
34.4°C
Jan 13

Hobart Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.2°C
9th
Lowest On Record
3.3°C
3rd 1906
Average This Month
11.6°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
10.8°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
25.0°C
4th
Highest On Record
40.6°C
30th 1897
Average This Month
21.2°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
20.4°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
6.6mm
5th
Total This Month
14.0mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
56.4mm
12.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
206.4mm
1985
Driest On Record
0.4mm
1994
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

A year of Australian weather captured in a calendar

18:00 EDT

Photographs of weather phenomena around Australia, some of them capturing rare events, have been chosen for the 2017 Australian Weather Calendar.

Temperatures soar in the west

16:36 EDT

Perth is enduring a sweaty end to the week, although a cool change is on the way.

Perfect storm photos: storm chasers give up their tips for taking best pic

15:55 EDT

While most Queenslanders sheltered inside during the past week of severe storms, a breed of professional photographers known as storm chasers were outside, braving the danger to get the best possible shot.