Fairfax Media Network

East Coast Weather

Tas
Wed 10:06 EST
Current Warnings
 

East Coast Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 200 metres. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 4 and 10.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Areas of frost in the morning, mainly about higher ground. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the south. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h tending SW 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then tending NW/SW in the early afternoon.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

  • Saturday Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost. Light winds.

Issued Wed 04:09 EST

East Coast Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
6 13 90% 1-5mm Nil NNW 27 76 NW 25 55
Possible shower
2 12 90% 1-5mm Moderate NNW 19 85 WNW 20 56
Showers
6 13 90% < 1mm Nil NNW 26 75 NW 24 54
Showers
1 8 90% 1-5mm Moderate NNW 20 96 NW 20 70
Possible shower
4 11 60% 1-5mm Slight NNW 24 84 WNW 22 63
Possible shower
5 12 90% 1-5mm Slight NW 26 86 WNW 25 61
Possible shower
4 12 60% 1-5mm Slight NNW 23 79 WNW 22 57
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

City crowd kick their heels up in drought-stricken Queensland fundraising effort

13:50 EST

Chartering flights to outback races and getting city folk to enjoy some bush hospitality is one innovative approach to fundraising being adopted by a community group in parched western Queensland.

More drought concessional loans on the way: Federal Government drought co-ordinator

13:15 EST

A new drought co-ordinator says the next round of drought concessional loans are 'on the cusp' of reopening and funding boosts will be announced for a list of service providers.

Tasmania's snowy cold snap revives fortunes of Ben Lomond ski field

13:03 EST

Tasmania's cold snap is providing a remarkable turnaround for the prospects of the Ben Lomond ski field east of Launceston.