Fairfax Media Network

Nugent Weather


42.72°S 147.75°E 295m AMSL

Orford Forecast

Today 8°C
Tonight 1°C
showers

Now

5.5°C falling
Updated at 12:40 EST

East Coast for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 200 metres. Gusty winds and possible hail. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 4 and 10.

Currently at Dunalley

24-hour graph
Temperature 5.5°C falling
Dew Point 1.6°C falling
Feels Like 0.0°C
Relative Humidity 76%
Wind icon
WSW 38km/h rising
Wind Gusts 41km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:16 EST
Sunset sunset
17:14 EST

Nearby Now

Maria Is 7.3°C
Hobart Ap 8.2°C
Campania 5.3°C
Tunnack 3.3°C

Next 12 hours in Hobart Airport

48-hour forecast

3pm

Shower. Windy
7°C

6pm

Slight chance shower
5°C

9pm

Chance shower
4°C

12am

Mostly clear
4°C

East Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Wed 10:06 EST
Gale Warning for Lower/South East Coasts. Strong Wind Warning for all remaining except Derwent Estuary; Fredrick Henry & Norfolk Bays

Tas - Wed 10:00 EST
Road Weather Alert for North West/East Coasts, Central N, N East, Western, Central Plateau, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley & South East

Tas - Wed 09:58 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for East Coast, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, Furneaux Islands & North West Coast

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Orford 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6
Fri
Aug 7
Sat
Aug 8
Sun
Aug 9
Mon
Aug 10
Tue
Aug 11

Showers

Frost then sunny

Mostly sunny

Frost then sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 8°C 11°C 11°C 12°C 13°C 11°C 12°C
Minimum -1°C 1°C 3°C 1°C 2°C 4°C 2°C
Chance of Rain 80% 10% 30% 5% 90% 70% 60%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Pollen Index High Moderate Moderate Moderate Low Low High
Frost Risk Severe High Moderate High Moderate Slight Moderate
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 33
km/h
33
km/h
21
km/h
22
km/h
18
km/h
17
km/h
8
km/h
6
km/h
13
km/h
15
km/h
22
km/h
20
km/h
16
km/h
19
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 33km/h
WSW
WSW 33km/h
WSW
SW 21km/h
SW
SW 22km/h
SW
SW 18km/h
SW
SW 17km/h
SW
WSW 8km/h
WSW
E 6km/h
E
WNW 13km/h
WNW
NW 15km/h
NW
NNW 22km/h
NNW
NNW 20km/h
NNW
W 16km/h
W
SW 19km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 79% 57% 81% 59% 81% 63% 84% 56% 82% 56% 78% 68% 82% 62%
Dew Point -1°C 0°C 3°C 3°C 4°C 4°C 3°C 3°C 3°C 5°C 6°C 5°C 4°C 5°C

Orford Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:46 EST
sunrise
07:16 EST
sunset
17:14 EST
last light
17:44 EST
moon
rise
Wed 23:07 EST
set
Thu 10:29 EST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Orford Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Aug 4
0.0°C - 4.2mm
Mon
Aug 3
0.0°C - 6.8mm
Sun
Aug 2
1.9°C 12.6°C 0.0mm
Sat
Aug 1
4.4°C 12.4°C 2.4mm
Fri
Jul 31
1.4°C 12.2°C 0.0mm

Orford Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
424.4mm
93.4 Day(s)
Total For 2015
338.3mm
79 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
259.3mm
73 Day(s)
Wettest Day
75.0mm
Jan 14
Lowest Temperature
-2.8°C
Jul 19
Highest Temperature
37.3°C
Jan 3

Orford Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
0.0°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
-2.9°C
2nd 2004
Average This Month
1.6°C
-2.7°C
Long-term Average
4.3°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
12.6°C
2nd
Highest On Record
22.6°C
26th 1977
Average This Month
12.5°C
-1.5°C
Long-term Average
14.0°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
6.8mm
3rd
Total This Month
13.4mm
3 Day(s)
Long-term Average
61.7mm
13.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
187.5mm
1958
Driest On Record
5.6mm
1982
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Bitterly cold temperatures grip NSW

12:36 EST

Eastern parts of New South Wales shivered under its coldest morning in eight years.

Farmers across Tasmania wake up to pastures and vegetable paddocks covered in snow

12:24 EST

Rare snowfalls have blanketed the most unlikely parts of Tasmania, with farmers along the north-west coast waking up to white paddocks.

More drought concessional loans on the way: Federal Government drought co-ordinator

11:33 EST

A new drought co-ordinator says the next round of drought concessional loans are 'on the cusp' of reopening and funding boosts will be announced for a list of service providers.