Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Forecast

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere, falling as snow above 1100 metres. Winds NW 20 to 30 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 4 and 9.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain, most likely from the late morning. Snow falling above 700 metres. Winds N/NW 30 to 45 km/h shifting SW 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.

  • Friday Cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the east. Very high (90%) chance of showers or snow, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds W/SW 25 to 35 km/h turning NW during the morning then increasing to 30 to 45 km/h during the afternoon.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of snow showers in the west, medium (60%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h tending W 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.

Issued Wed 05:41 EST

Central Observations

Latest Observations
Station
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
11:10 EST
NW 13 15 6.3 2.4 3.7 76 2 0.0 -
11:10 EST
W 13 19 3.6 1.0 0.4 83 1 0.0 1025.3
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Tropical cyclone could form near Solomon Islands this week but poses no threat to Queensland, BoM says

09:38 EST

Queensland forecasters monitoring a low near the Solomon Islands that could become a tropical cyclone later this week say it is unlikely to threaten the state.

Grantham floods inquiry: Concerns raised about quarry wall years before 2011 flood, commission hears

20:14 EST

The Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry has been shown graphic vision of the Lockyer Creek breaking its banks upstream from the Grantham quarry during the deadly 2011 disaster.

Parts of NSW on track for coldest July in around 17 years

19:12 EST

For many across New South Wales, July has been a cold month and for the younger generation, many won't be able to remember a month so cold.