Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Forecast

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres early. Winds SW 25 to 40 km/h decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures between 7 and 12. Low-Moderate.

  • Saturday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning. Winds W/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

  • Monday Mostly sunny. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h tending W/NW 15 to 25 km/h during the day.

Issued Fri 05:40 EDT

Central Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
3 13 60% 1-5mm Slight W 19 75 W 18 55
Possible shower
2 13 40% - Moderate - - - -
Possible shower
1 13 70% < 1mm High W 30 76 W 27 60
Possible shower
3 14 60% - Moderate - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Eastern storms and southern shivers

16:00 EDT

Thunderstorms are on the move through New South Wales and southern Queensland once again today, while southern states shiver.

Summer scorcher looms for two thirds of Australians

14:12 EDT

The most widespread heat in five years could grip parts of southern and eastern Australia next week.

Turbulent Thursday in Vic, Tas, SA

15:52 EDT

Parts of Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia could be lashed by storms and damaging winds on Thursday as a cold front sweeps across Australia's southeast.