Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west late this afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h. Daytime maximum temperatures between 15 and 21. Low-Moderate.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the west, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming W 15 to 20 km/h during the morning, then light during the afternoon.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h turning W/SW 25 to 35 km/h during the morning.

Issued Wed 05:40 EDT

Central Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Clearing shower
7 21 30% < 1mm Nil NW 10 81 WNW 14 52
Mostly sunny
7 20 30% - Nil - - - -
Sunny
4 23 20% < 1mm Slight WNW 16 71 WNW 21 47
Mostly sunny
9 22 30% - Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Outback pilots deliver goods to remote NT communities and check properties as wet weather continues

18:19 EDT

Aircraft companies are flat out dropping off food and supplies to Northern Territory communities stranded by continuing wet weather.

NT weather: Crocs, floods, and food drops as Top End residents brace for more heavy rainfall

17:37 EDT

The Katherine River is set to flood as an active monsoon trough causes heavy rains and squally showers across the Northern Territory, registering the wettest day in five years.

Darwin deluge as monsoon returns

16:02 EDT

The monsoon trough has redeveloped over northern Australia this week, bringing Darwin its heaviest rain five years.