Fairfax Media Network

Central Weather

Current Warnings

Central Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning. Snow possible above 800 metres early then slowly rising. Winds W 20 to 25 km/h tending SW 20 to 30 km/h before dawn then becoming light in the evening. Low-Moderate.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Patches of frost in the west in the early morning. Winds N/NW 15 to 20 km/h tending W/NW in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Patches of morning frost in the north. Light winds becoming N 20 to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

  • Sunday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. Winds N 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h during the morning then turning W 15 to 25 km/h during the evening.

Issued Wed 16:25 EDT

Central Observations

Latest Observations
Time Wind dir Wind spd Wind gust Tmp Dew pt Feels like RH Fire Rain Pres
km/h km/h °C °C °C % mm hPa
04:40 EDT
SW 7 9 3.1 1.6 1.2 90 1 7.6 -
04:40 EDT
SW 30 35 0.7 0.6 -5.6 99 1 0.2 1011.3
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

State of the Climate report 2016: Extreme heat events increasing in duration, frequency and intensity

00:03 EDT

The duration, frequency and intensity of extreme heat events have increased across large parts of Australia, a climate report has found.

Delightful Derby Day, Cool Cup

15:10 EDT

Melbourne's volatile weather will live up to its reputation during this year's Melbourne Cup carnival.

Meet Angeline Prasad, the Top End's senior weather forecaster

14:51 EDT

As a kid growing up in Fiji, a howling cyclone was a chance to stay up late, swap ghost stories and eat specially-made Indian stuffed bread for Darwin meteorologist Angeline Prasad.