Fairfax Media Network

Tarraleah Weather


42.30°S 146.45°E 484m AMSL

Tarraleah Forecast

Tonight 1°C
Tomorrow 11°C
clearing_shower

Now

4.4°C steady
Updated at 21:50 EST

Central for Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1200 metres. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h.
Saturday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

Currently at Butlers Gorge

24-hour graph
Temperature 4.4°C steady
Dew Point 2.8°C rising
Feels Like 1.7°C
Relative Humidity 89%
Wind icon
WNW 11km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 0.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:36 EST
Sunset sunset
17:51 EST

Nearby Now

Ouse 8.5°C
Liawenee 1.7°C
Bushy Park 8.8°C

Next 12 hours in Butlers Gorge

48-hour forecast

12am

Rain
3°C

3am

Slight chance shower
2°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
1°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
3°C

Central Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Tasmania Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Tarraleah 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Sep 4
Sat
Sep 5
Sun
Sep 6
Mon
Sep 7
Tue
Sep 8
Wed
Sep 9
Thu
Sep 10

Late shower

Clearing shower

Rain developing

Showers

Possible shower

Possible shower

Frost then sunny
Maximum 9°C 11°C 11°C 10°C 11°C 11°C 14°C
Minimum -3°C 1°C -2°C 2°C 1°C 2°C 1°C
Chance of Rain 90% 40% 80% 90% 70% 50% 20%
Rain Amount
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Severe High Severe Moderate High Moderate High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
26
km/h
11
km/h
8
km/h
14
km/h
22
km/h
15
km/h
15
km/h
17
km/h
19
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
18
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction W 18km/h
W
W 26km/h
W
SW 11km/h
SW
SSE 8km/h
SSE
NNE 14km/h
NNE
NNE 22km/h
NNE
WNW 15km/h
WNW
WNW 15km/h
WNW
WSW 17km/h
WSW
WSW 19km/h
WSW
W 15km/h
W
W 18km/h
W
W 18km/h
W
W 20km/h
W
Relative Humidity 77% 78% 91% 54% 73% 55% 89% 67% 92% 72% 92% 72% 80% 56%
Dew Point 2°C 5°C 3°C 2°C 2°C 2°C 4°C 4°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 5°C 6°C

Tarraleah Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:06 EST
sunrise
06:35 EST
sunset
17:52 EST
last light
18:20 EST
moon
rise
Sat 00:23 EST
set
Sat 10:40 EST
moon
Sun
Sep 13
moon
Mon
Sep 21
moon
Mon
Sep 28
moon
Mon
Oct 5

Butlers Gorge Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Sep 4
-3.6°C 7°C 0.4mm
Thu
Sep 3
2.0°C 7.9°C 1.6mm
Wed
Sep 2
-3.2°C 12.1°C 0.2mm
Tue
Sep 1
-3.1°C 12.8°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 31
-0.5°C 7.0°C 0.0mm

Butlers Gorge Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Sep
1259.8mm
179.3 Day(s)
Total For 2015
1101.8mm
170 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
970.4mm
157 Day(s)
Wettest Day
45.6mm
Jun 9
Lowest Temperature
-6.6°C
Jul 9
Highest Temperature
31.4°C
Jan 3

Butlers Gorge Almanac

full climatology
September Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-3.6°C
4th
Lowest On Record
-6.5°C
7th 2014
Average This Month
-2.0°C
-3.0°C
Long-term Average
1.0°C
September Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
12.8°C
1st
Highest On Record
24.4°C
30th 1961
Average This Month
10.0°C
-0.2°C
Long-term Average
10.2°C
September Rainfall
Wettest This Month
1.6mm
3rd
Total This Month
2.2mm
3 Day(s)
Long-term Average
170.2mm
22.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
451.8mm
1980
Driest On Record
53.7mm
1951
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

A fantastic finale to the Tasmanian snow season

15:14 EST

Tasmanian ski resorts at Ben Lomond and Mount Mawson are looking back at one of their best seasons in at least a decade.

Races, rain and punters lift spirits of channel country graziers in south-west Queensland

14:14 EST

Recent wet weather and an in influx of thousands of tourists for the iconic Birdsville Races have lifted the spirits of graziers in Queensland's far south-west.

Tasmania's Ben Lomond ski field ends season on a high

12:44 EST

One of the best ski seasons in decades at Tasmania's Ben Lomond ski village will finish this weekend.