Fairfax Media Network

Olary Weather


32.28°S 140.33°E 281m AMSL

Yunta Forecast

Tonight 14°C
Tomorrow 29°C
mostly_sunny

Now

22.4°C falling
Updated at 21:50 CDT

NE Pastoral for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Leigh Creek, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Showers heavy at times north of Leigh Creek. A thunderstorm likely north of Leigh Creek. Winds S/SE 15 to 25 km/h.
Wednesday Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Leigh Creek, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Showers heavy at times west of Leigh Creek in the early morning. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 20 to 30 km/h.

Currently at Yunta

24-hour graph
Temperature 22.4°C falling
Dew Point 8.1°C falling
Feels Like 22.4°C
Relative Humidity 40%
Wind icon
S 25km/h rising
Wind Gusts 31km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 12.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:28 CDT
Sunset sunset
20:20 CDT

Nearby Now

Broken Hill Ap 25.5°C
Fowlers Gap 27.5°C
Renmark Ap 21.9°C
Clare 17.2°C

Next 12 hours in Yunta

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly cloudy
20°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
17°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
14°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
16°C

NE Pastoral Weather Warnings

view all
SA - Tue 19:18 CDT
Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Heavy Rain and Damaging Wind) for North East Pastoral

SA - Tue 13:06 CDT
Flood Watch for North East Pastoral and North West Pastoral

National Forecast

Yunta 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29
Mon
Jan 30

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny

Sunny
Maximum 29°C 29°C 32°C 36°C 39°C 39°C 43°C
Minimum 18°C 14°C 13°C 15°C 19°C 18°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 30% 10% 5% 5% 5% 5% 10%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
20
km/h
17
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
16
km/h
11
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
12
km/h
11
km/h
7
km/h
8
km/h
9
km/h
Wind Direction S 21km/h
S
S 20km/h
S
SSE 17km/h
SSE
SSE 12km/h
SSE
S 17km/h
S
S 16km/h
S
SSE 11km/h
SSE
S 4km/h
S
SSW 4km/h
SSW
SW 12km/h
SW
SSE 11km/h
SSE
SSE 7km/h
SSE
ENE 8km/h
ENE
NW 9km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 77% 39% 55% 28% 57% 22% 57% 18% 40% 14% 46% 12% 31% 11%
Dew Point 14°C 13°C 7°C 7°C 8°C 7°C 11°C 7°C 11°C 7°C 11°C 4°C 11°C 6°C

Yunta Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:01 CDT
sunrise
06:28 CDT
sunset
20:19 CDT
last light
20:46 CDT
moon
set
Wed 18:01 CDT
rise
Thu 04:43 CDT
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Yunta Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jan 24
19.0°C 27°C 1.6mm
Mon
Jan 23
19.9°C 39.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jan 22
13.4°C 35.0°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
11.9°C 28.5°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jan 20
22.4°C 25.5°C 23.6mm

Yunta Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
18.9mm
3.1 Day(s)
Total For 2017
43.2mm
4 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
14.8mm
2 Day(s)
Wettest Day
23.6mm
Jan 20
Lowest Temperature
11.9°C
Jan 14
Highest Temperature
42.4°C
Jan 17

Yunta Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
11.9°C
14th
Lowest On Record
6.0°C
3rd 2002
Average This Month
17.7°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
16.5°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
42.4°C
17th
Highest On Record
45.0°C
14th 2001
Average This Month
33.9°C
-0.1°C
Long-term Average
34.0°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
23.6mm
20th
Total This Month
43.2mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
18.9mm
3.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
101.4mm
2007
Driest On Record
0.0mm
2003
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Outback pilots deliver goods to remote NT communities and check properties as wet weather continues

18:19 EDT

Aircraft companies are flat out dropping off food and supplies to Northern Territory communities stranded by continuing wet weather.

NT weather: Crocs, floods, and food drops as Top End residents brace for more heavy rainfall

17:37 EDT

The Katherine River is set to flood as an active monsoon trough causes heavy rains and squally showers across the Northern Territory, registering the wettest day in five years.

Darwin deluge as monsoon returns

16:02 EDT

The monsoon trough has redeveloped over northern Australia this week, bringing Darwin its heaviest rain five years.