Fairfax Media Network

Goldfields Weather

Current Warnings
 

Goldfields Forecast

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far southwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southeast. Winds SW 20 to 30 km/h decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning and early afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the southeast in the early morning. Winds SW 15 to 25 km/h turning S 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the evening.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southeast, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming W/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late afternoon.

  • Saturday Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h turning N 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then tending NE 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Wed 16:25 WST

Goldfields Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
5 19 5% < 1mm Slight SE 3 68 W 9 40
Mostly sunny
7 20 5% < 1mm Nil ESE 13 70 W 2 42
Sunny
6 21 5% < 1mm Nil E 12 64 NNW 1 35
Mostly sunny
6 21 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
2 18 5% < 1mm Moderate - - - -
Sunny
6 24 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Sunny
4 23 5% < 1mm Slight - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Rain transforms The Red Centre

18:20 EST

The heaviest August rain in decades turned central Australia into an eerie place this week, causing waterfalls and thick fog.

Ballarat's chilly reputation no hurdle for record crowds this winter

17:39 EST

Winter Wonderlights delivered a Christmas in July present to Ballarat tourism, with a 50 per cent increase in visitors to the region during the coldest month of the year.

Spring soaking to follow wet winter

16:49 EST

An impending rain event scheduled for the opening days of spring continues the pattern of wet weather which has gripped eastern Australia during winter.