Fairfax Media Network

Lower Derwent Weather

Tas
Mon 22:02 EST
Current Warnings
 

Lower Derwent Forecast

  • Monday Mostly clear. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the far south later tonight, near zero chance elsewhere. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the late evening.

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the south, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Winds NW 30 to 45 km/h.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the morning and afternoon. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h turning N 15 to 25 km/h during the morning.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the evening. Snow possible above 900 metres. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h turning W 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h turning NW 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Mon 16:25 EST

Lower Derwent Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
8 13 40% - Nil - - - -
Possible shower
9 13 40% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
6 13 40% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
8 13 40% - Nil - - - -
Possible shower
5 13 40% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible shower
8 13 40% < 1mm Nil NW 21 76 WNW 22 61
Cloudy
6 14 40% < 1mm Nil WNW 19 78 WNW 23 64
Possible shower
5 13 10% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
Windy with rain
4 7 90% 1-5mm Slight WNW 38 96 WNW 38 94
Possible shower
2 5 40% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
Possible shower
7 13 10% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Rain
6 9 90% 1-5mm Nil WNW 18 97 WNW 22 92
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Canberra shaking and shivering

15:48 EST

After a few cold mornings, the cold days have now started in the ACT.

Light snow falls in Blue Mountains, NSW Central Tablelands

15:42 EST

Snow has fallen across large parts of NSW, including the Blue Mountains, parts of the NSW Central Tablelands, and in the Barrington Tops National Park near Gloucester.

Sydney's cold outbreak almost over

12:55 EST

Sydney's run of cold weather has continued today but when can we expect it to warm up? Considering last autumn was the warmest on record the past few wintry days have been a shock to the system for many.