Fairfax Media Network

West & Sth Coast Weather

Tas
Tue 22:00 EST
Current Warnings
 

West & Sth Coast Forecast

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Strahan, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming N 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds N 20 to 30 km/h turning W 25 to 35 km/h during the morning. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low].

  • Thursday Cloudy. The chance of fog in the early morning. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Snow falling above 1100 metres. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h in the middle of the day then turning W 25 to 35 km/h in the late afternoon.

  • Friday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow possible above 1100 metres. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning N during the afternoon.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of rain, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds N 25 to 40 km/h turning NW 30 to 45 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Tue 16:25 EST

West & Sth Coast Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Thunderstorms
9 11 90% 10-20mm Nil NW 50 78 NW 50 75
Rain clearing
6 11 30% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
3 4 90% 10-20mm Moderate NW 35 100 NW 32 100
Showers
7 12 50% 10-20mm Nil - - - -
Thunderstorms
5 9 90% 5-10mm Nil NNW 32 96 NW 30 87
Showers
8 13 90% 10-20mm Nil NW 30 87 WNW 32 81
Thunderstorms
6 12 90% - Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Perth finally sees string of wet days

16:21 EST

Perth has received more rain during the last four days than the last two and a half months combined.

Foggy starts as winter looms

15:46 EST

Fog is a sure sign that winter is on the way and there was plenty of it across the country this morning.

AuctionsPlus Queensland sheep listings double, due to low rainfall and rising prices

12:16 EST

The number of Queensland sheep offered in online sales has doubled week-on-week this fortnight, as producers respond to dry times and a stronger market.