Fairfax Media Network

Darling Downs Weather

Current Warnings
 

Darling Downs Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain and thunderstorms in the east this morning, clearing. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south during the afternoon. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h turning W/SW 25 to 40 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures between 19 and 23.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Areas of morning frost over the Granite Belt. Winds SW 15 to 20 km/h increasing to 20 to 30 km/h before dawn then becoming light in the morning.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower over the Granite Belt in the morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower over the Granite Belt in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds becoming E/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Issued Thu 05:00 EST

Darling Downs Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
3 22 50% < 1mm Moderate SSW 17 71 S 15 36
Sunny
5 21 5% - Slight SSW 12 75 SSW 11 48
Mostly sunny
7 20 10% < 1mm Nil SSW 11 72 SSW 8 52
Sunny
5 22 20% < 1mm Nil SSW 12 62 SSE 10 32
Mostly sunny
3 21 30% < 1mm Moderate WNW 16 71 ESE 18 42
Frost then sunny
2 19 30% < 1mm Moderate S 10 69 ESE 8 45
Mostly sunny
8 20 10% < 1mm Nil SSW 21 60 E 18 44
Frost then sunny
3 21 50% < 1mm Moderate S 8 72 ESE 14 43
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Thundery start for NSW and southern QLD

11:58 EST

A band of thunderstorms swept across NSW and QLD late last night and into this morning, bringing a thundery alarm.

Canberra experiences wettest winter in 10 years, coldest nights since 1997

15:52 EST

Canberra has shivered its way through the most cold nights since 1997 and its wettest winter since 2005.

Another ECL for NSW

15:36 EST

It's the weather phrase that makes the coastal dwellers of New South Wales shudder - East Coast Low.