Fairfax Media Network

Northwest Weather

Current Warnings
 

Northwest Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the late morning and afternoon. The chance of gusty thunderstorms. Winds SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h before dawn.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the late morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds E/NE 20 to 30 km/h.

  • Tuesday Mostly sunny morning. Medium (50%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending N/NE 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW during the morning then tending SE/SW during the afternoon.

Issued Sat 16:15 EST

Northwest Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible shower
24 36 50% 1-5mm Nil ENE 17 52 E 13 35
Possible thunderstorm
22 35 60% 1-5mm Nil ENE 24 50 E 16 37
Possible thunderstorm
20 34 70% 1-5mm Nil ENE 19 55 ENE 14 39
Possible thunderstorm
22 35 60% 1-5mm Nil ENE 21 49 ENE 15 36
Possible thunderstorm
25 34 70% - Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Scorching Night for Central NT

13:00 EDT

Parts of Central NT have had their hottest morning in 7 years.

Heat coming to Sydney next week a sign of things to come

12:59 EDT

Sydney is getting set for a scorching January, with a warm-up early next week.

Climate change means workdays need to change during heatwaves, public health official warns

11:08 EDT

Workplace changes will be needed to deal with more severe heatwaves and other impacts of climate change, a public health official has warned.