Fairfax Media Network

Central West Weather

Current Warnings
 

Central West Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers north of Longreach, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls in the northwest during this afternoon and evening. Winds N/NE 15 to 25 km/h tending NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon then becoming light in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm from the late morning. Winds E/NE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE in the early afternoon then tending SE/SW in the evening.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the southwest in the afternoon and evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm west of Longreach in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming NE 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the day.

Issued Wed 05:00 EST

Central West Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
23 37 20% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
22 37 20% < 1mm Nil NE 15 43 SE 16 21
Mostly sunny
23 39 20% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
23 39 20% < 1mm Nil ENE 19 38 SE 19 18
Late shower
21 36 20% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Late shower
22 39 40% < 1mm Nil ENE 11 45 SE 16 22
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Weekend rainfall on the cards for hot and dry inland NSW

11:55 EDT

With a few days to go until the official end to the summer season, it looks like parts of New South Wales could still see the odd drop of rain.

Elevated fire danger ahead of seemingly benign cold front

11:19 EDT

A weak cold front will clip the southern parts of South Australia today and reach Victoria in the afternoon.

Authorities warn against swimming in Swan and Canning rivers after heavy rains, flooding

10:55 EDT

Heavy rainfall that caused flooding across southern Western Australia a week ago has filled Perth's river systems with sediment and nutrients, as well as potentially harmful bacteria.