you are not logged in | login or join us

Sydney Weather

forecast summary district forecast

thunderstorms

Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the late afternoon and evening, mainly in the west. The chance of a thunderstorm in the outer west in the late afternoon and evening. Winds NE 25 to 40 km/h. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

possible thunderstorm

Tuesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NE 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 40 km/h before turning N 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.

possible thunderstorm

Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and early evening. Light winds becoming N/NE 15 to 20 km/h early in the morning then becoming light in the morning.

thunderstorms

Thursday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. A thunderstorm likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning then becoming NE 20 to 30 km/h during the day.

thunderstorms

Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. A thunderstorm likely in the afternoon. Light winds becoming W/SW 15 to 20 km/h during the day then ahead of fresh S/SE winds 25 to 35 km/h during the afternoon.

Issued Mon 17:33 EDT

current warnings most recent warnings

NSW/ACT - Mon 17:17 EDT
Severe Thunderstorm Warning

NSW/ACT - Mon 16:08 EDT
Coastal Wind Warning

View all current warnings

Sydney Weather Forecasts

station
forecast min max chance of rain rain amount frost risk 9am 3pm
wind rh wind rh
°C °C km/h % km/h %
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
19 28 60% 5-10mm Nil S 6 69 SE 11 61
showers Showers
19 26 80% 1-5mm Nil S 10 73 SE 22 62
showers Showers
19 27 60% 1-5mm Nil S 8 72 SE 13 64
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
18 28 60% 1-5mm Nil S 6 69 SE 11 59
showers easing Showers easing
18 28 60% 1-5mm Nil WSW 6 74 ESE 13 57
showers Showers
19 25 60% 1-5mm Nil S 10 80 SSE 14 72
showers Showers
18 26 60% 1-5mm Nil S 7 76 SSE 14 66
showers Showers
19 26 60% 1-5mm Nil S 9 76 SSE 14 68
showers Showers
20 26 60% 1-5mm Nil S 10 76 SSE 14 69
showers Showers
19 28 60% 1-5mm Nil S 7 70 SE 13 60
showers Showers
19 26 70% 1-5mm Nil SSW 14 74 SSE 29 66
showers Showers
18 27 60% 1-5mm Nil S 8 74 SSE 13 65
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
20 29 80% 5-10mm Nil S 4 71 ESE 10 56
possible thunderstorm Possible thunderstorm
19 29 60% 5-10mm Nil S 7 66 SE 9 59
showers Showers
20 26 60% 1-5mm Nil SSW 15 71 SSE 28 69
showers Showers
18 25 70% 1-5mm Nil W 5 85 SE 12 77

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Lightning sparks fires in two Canberra houses as storms hit capital

ABC image 16:41 EDT Lightning strikes sparked fires in the roof spaces of two Canberra houses today as storms swept through the capital.

Help with Weatherzone