Fairfax Media Network

ACT Weather

Current Warnings
 

ACT Forecast

  • Monday Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers, most likely at night. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain, most likely in the morning and early afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming W 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late evening. Possible rainfall: 5 to 15 mm Chance of any rain: 80% Around Canberra Sun protection 8:40am to 5:30pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme].

  • Wednesday Cloud clearing. Light winds becoming W/NW 20 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning fog. High (70%) chance of showers and the chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming NW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then tending W 20 to 30 km/h during the evening. Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mm Chance of any rain: 60%.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming W 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 5%.

Issued Mon 20:19 EDT

ACT Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
9 28 20% < 1mm Nil NNW 6 61 NNW 21 27
Mostly sunny
9 28 20% - Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
10 28 20% < 1mm Nil NNW 2 63 NNW 14 25
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW weather: Severe thunderstorm working its way from Sydney to state's north

20:50 EDT

Trampolines have flown into powerlines and a lightning strike has reportedly caused a house fire as a severe thunderstorm tracks from Sydney all along the coast up to northern NSW.

A case of history repeating itself: What is wrong with South Australia's electricity network?

18:43 EDT

Those who blamed last week's blackout in South Australia on renewable energy are dead wrong.

Stormy Monday across Australia

17:03 EDT

Thunderstorms are affecting six states and territories this afternoon, four of which are under warning for severe storms.