Fairfax Media Network

ACT Weather

NSW/ACT
Sun 09:54 EST
Current Warnings
 

ACT Forecast

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds. Mostly sunny day. Medium (40%) chance of showers later in the day. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm Chance of any rain: 40%.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the early morning. Light winds becoming W/NW 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late evening. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10% Around Canberra Sun protection 9:10am to 3:00pm, UV Index predicted to reach 7 [High].

  • Tuesday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the early morning. Light winds becoming W/NW 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late evening. Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm Chance of any rain: 30%.

  • Wednesday Mostly sunny day. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the evening. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.

  • Thursday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds NW/NE 15 to 25 km/h becoming NW 20 to 25 km/h during the day then tending N 15 to 25 km/h during the evening. Possible rainfall: 15 to 25 mm Chance of any rain: 80%.

Issued Sun 20:07 EST

ACT Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Mostly sunny
3 14 20% < 1mm Moderate WNW 26 76 WNW 30 59
Mostly sunny
5 17 20% - Slight - - - -
Possible shower
3 14 20% < 1mm Moderate WNW 19 75 WNW 24 56
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW weather: Forbes residents warned to evacuate as Lachlan River nears unexpectedly high peak

18:18 EST

The flood-hit area of Forbes in central-western NSW is readying itself for the worst of a slow-moving flood, with the peak expected to hit after midnight.

NSW Weather: Forbes farmers brace for extensive crop losses from flooding

16:59 EST

Farmers near Forbes in the New South Wales central west are bracing for extensive loses as their crops continue to be inundated with flood waters, which are expected to peak later today.

Rain and Cold strike Perth

13:48 EST

Southwestern parts of Western Australia have had rain of up to 24mm of rain this morning as another cold front swept over the region.