Fairfax Media Network

Australia Fair Weather


Gold Coast Forecast

Today 21°C
Tonight 11°C
sunny

Now

16.8°C falling
Updated at 17:50 EST

Southeast Coast for Tuesday Clear. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming S/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the morning.

Currently at Gold Coast

24-hour graph
Temperature 16.8°C falling
Dew Point 6.0°C steady
Feels Like 16.8°C
Relative Humidity 49%
Wind icon
SSE 37km/h rising
Wind Gusts 41km/h
Pressure 1018.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 9.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:38 EST
Sunset sunset
17:04 EST

Nearby Now

Coolangatta Ap 15.4°C
Archerfield Ap 15.5°C
Brisbane 14.8°C

Next 12 hours in Gold Coast

48-hour forecast

9pm

Clear
14°C

12am

Mostly clear
12°C

3am

Mostly clear
11°C

6am

Mostly clear
12°C

Southeast Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Gold Coast 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jul 7
Wed
Jul 8
Thu
Jul 9
Fri
Jul 10
Sat
Jul 11
Sun
Jul 12
Mon
Jul 13

Sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Showers

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Sunny
Maximum 21°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 22°C 18°C 18°C
Minimum 12°C 11°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 11°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 30% 70% 90% 80% 30% 10% 10%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 16
km/h
24
km/h
25
km/h
30
km/h
20
km/h
23
km/h
11
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
21
km/h
25
km/h
28
km/h
24
km/h
26
km/h
Wind Direction SSW 16km/h
SSW
SSE 24km/h
SSE
S 25km/h
S
SSE 30km/h
SSE
SSE 20km/h
SSE
SE 23km/h
SE
SE 11km/h
SE
ENE 16km/h
ENE
NW 14km/h
NW
NNW 21km/h
NNW
W 25km/h
W
W 28km/h
W
WSW 24km/h
WSW
W 26km/h
W
Relative Humidity 69% 48% 86% 69% 84% 65% 81% 68% 82% 57% 73% 49% 69% 48%
Dew Point 11°C 9°C 14°C 14°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 14°C 14°C 13°C 10°C 7°C 7°C 7°C

Gold Coast Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:12 EST
sunrise
06:38 EST
sunset
17:05 EST
last light
17:30 EST
moon
rise
Tue 22:35 EST
set
Wed 10:57 EST
moon
Thu
Jul 9
moon
Thu
Jul 16
moon
Fri
Jul 24
moon
Fri
Jul 31

Gold Coast Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jul 7
11.4°C 21°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jul 6
12.0°C 22.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jul 5
11.2°C 22.8°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jul 4
12.0°C 21.7°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jul 3
8.9°C 20.0°C 0.0mm

Gold Coast Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
864.8mm
87.2 Day(s)
Total For 2015
1313.2mm
82 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
372.0mm
72 Day(s)
Wettest Day
155.8mm
Jan 24
Lowest Temperature
8.9°C
Jul 3
Highest Temperature
36.5°C
Jan 15

Gold Coast Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.9°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
2.5°C
19th 2007
Average This Month
11.8°C
-0.2°C
Long-term Average
12.0°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
22.8°C
5th
Highest On Record
26.8°C
21st 1999
Average This Month
21.6°C
+0.5°C
Long-term Average
21.1°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
53.8mm
8.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
172.2mm
1999
Driest On Record
1.0mm
1995
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

A cool week in Canberra

17:51 EST

Every morning this month, Canberra has dropped to below freezing, with plenty of cold days as well.

A breath of fresh air for Sydney

17:47 EST

Over the last week, much of the southeast has been treated to cold, cloud-free nights with light winds.

Hughenden students find their green thumbs in kitchen garden despite the drought

15:30 EST

There have been a few hiccups along the way but the school garden at St Francis' Primary School in Hughenden continues to grow despite the on-going drought.