Fairfax Media Network

Talbot Island Weather


Horn Island Forecast

Tonight 25°C
Tomorrow 29°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

26.7°C falling
Updated at 22:50 EST

Peninsula for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms with possible heavy falls near the east coast early this evening. Winds E 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers north of Weipa, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. Thunderstorms likely, with possible heavy falls north of Weipa in the late morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the late afternoon.

Currently at Horn Island

24-hour graph
Temperature 26.7°C falling
Dew Point 24.4°C falling
Feels Like 29.6°C
Relative Humidity 87%
Wind icon
SE 14km/h steady
Wind Gusts 19km/h
Pressure 1008.7hPa steady
Fire Danger 2.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 6.4mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:34 EST
Sunset sunset
18:53 EST

Nearby Now

Lockhart River Ap 23.7°C
Coen Ap 26.1°C

Next 12 hours in Horn Island

48-hour forecast

12am

Slight chance storm
27°C

3am

Shower. Chance storm
26°C

6am

Chance shower or storm
25°C

9am

Chance shower or storm
27°C

Peninsula Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Horn Island 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Feb 28
Wed
Mar 1
Thu
Mar 2
Fri
Mar 3
Sat
Mar 4
Sun
Mar 5
Mon
Mar 6

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm
Maximum 29°C 29°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 31°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 90% 80%
Rain Amount 10-20mm 10-20mm 10-20mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
8
km/h
12
km/h
12
km/h
6
km/h
9
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
12
km/h
7
km/h
8
km/h
6
km/h
6
km/h
Wind Direction ESE 10km/h
ESE
E 8km/h
E
ESE 12km/h
ESE
E 12km/h
E
NNE 6km/h
NNE
WNW 9km/h
WNW
N 16km/h
N
N 16km/h
N
NE 14km/h
NE
NNE 12km/h
NNE
NNE 7km/h
NNE
NW 8km/h
NW
E 6km/h
E
NNW 6km/h
NNW
Relative Humidity 89% 79% 84% 78% 83% 79% 84% 78% 83% 77% 83% 77% 83% 78%
Dew Point 24°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 26°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 26°C

Horn Island Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:13 EST
sunrise
06:34 EST
sunset
18:53 EST
last light
19:14 EST
moon
rise
Wed 08:40 EST
set
Wed 21:01 EST
moon
Sun
Mar 5
moon
Mon
Mar 13
moon
Tue
Mar 21
moon
Tue
Mar 28

Coconut Island Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Feb 28
23.3°C 32°C 56.2mm
Mon
Feb 27
23.4°C 28.8°C 76.4mm
Sun
Feb 26
23.3°C 29.9°C 43.2mm
Sat
Feb 25
25.0°C 33.1°C 7.2mm
Fri
Feb 24
26.7°C 35.1°C 0.0mm

Coconut Island Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
904.1mm
51.5 Day(s)
Total For 2017
584.2mm
35 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
619.8mm
22 Day(s)
Wettest Day
78.2mm
Feb 4
Lowest Temperature
23.3°C
Feb 26
Highest Temperature
35.1°C
Feb 24

Coconut Island Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
Lowest On Record
22.0°C
1st 2000
Average This Month
 
Long-term Average
25.7°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
Highest On Record
35.0°C
2nd 2001
Average This Month
 
Long-term Average
31.6°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
Total This Month
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
327.9mm
17.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
610.8mm
2006
Driest On Record
0.0mm
2002
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

WA farmers warned recent heavy rain could cause worm infestations in sheep

18:18 EDT

Sheep producers across WA have been urged to monitor signs of increased worm burden in their flocks, following unseasonal downpours across large parts of the state earlier this month.

End in sight for Adelaide's string of wet seasons

16:05 EDT

Adelaide's rainy run that has spanned the last five seasons may come to an end in autumn.

Southeast Queensland's hot and dry summer

12:38 EDT

The southeast corner of Queensland will enter autumn longing for rain and cooler temperatures after enduring its hottest summer on record.