you are not logged in | login or join us

Somerset Weather

  RSS

10.74°S 142.59°E 40m AMSL

Horn Island Forecast

Today 30°C
Tonight 25°C
Possible thunderstorm

Now

30.1°C steady
Updated at 11:30 EST

Peninsula for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm north of Coen. Winds E/SE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 29 to 34.

Currently at Horn Island

Temperature 30.1°C steady
Dew Point 24.0°C rising
Feels Like 35.3°C
Relative Humidity 70%
Wind icon
ESE 27km/h falling
Wind Gusts 37km/h
Pressure 1010.1hPa falling
Fire Danger 5.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Wednesday

Sunrise sunrise
06:35 EST
Sunset sunset
18:24 EST

Nearby Now

Weipa Ap 29.8°C
Lockhart River Ap 28.5°C
Coen Ap 29.6°C

Next 12 hours in Horn Island

possible thunderstorm

3pm

Slight chance storm
30°C
possible thunderstorm

6pm

Slight chance storm
28°C
mostly cloudy

9pm

Mostly cloudy
27°C
mostly cloudy

12am

Mostly cloudy
26°C
powered by Opticast

Peninsula Weather Warnings

Qld - Wed 10:01 EST
Cancellation of Strong Wind Warning for the South East Gulf of Carpentaria, Peninsula Coast, Cooktown Coast and Cairns Coast

Queensland weather update

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Horn Island 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Apr 22
Thu
Apr 23
Fri
Apr 24
Sat
Apr 25
Sun
Apr 26
Mon
Apr 27
Tue
Apr 28
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
clearing shower
Clearing shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
Maximum 30°C 31°C 31°C 31°C 32°C 31°C 31°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 26°C
Chance of Rain 50% 70% 50% 40% 10% 30% 70%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Very High Very High Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 22
km/h
24
km/h
15
km/h
16
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
13
km/h
17
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
24
km/h
32
km/h
32
km/h
36
km/h
Wind Direction SE 22km/h
SE
ESE 24km/h
ESE
ESE 15km/h
ESE
ESE 16km/h
ESE
ESE 12km/h
ESE
ESE 14km/h
ESE
ESE 13km/h
ESE
ESE 17km/h
ESE
ESE 15km/h
ESE
ESE 18km/h
ESE
SE 24km/h
SE
ESE 32km/h
ESE
SE 32km/h
SE
ESE 36km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 81% 71% 79% 66% 77% 64% 74% 62% 67% 56% 69% 59% 72% 64%
Dew Point 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 23°C 23°C 23°C 22°C 23°C 22°C 24°C 23°C

Horn Island Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise first quarter full moon last quarter new moon
first light
06:14 EST
sunrise
06:35 EST
sunset
18:24 EST
last light
18:45 EST
moon
set
Wed 21:37 EST
rise
Thu 10:34 EST
moon
Sun
Apr 26
moon
Mon
May 4
moon
Mon
May 11
moon
Mon
May 18

Horn Island Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Apr 22
26°C - 0.6mm
Tue
Apr 21
24.5°C 31°C 37.2mm
Mon
Apr 20
24.1°C 30.5°C 11.8mm
Sun
Apr 19
25.3°C 31.8°C 0.4mm
Sat
Apr 18
25.5°C 31.3°C 0.2mm

Horn Island Year To Date

average rainfall to Apr
1539.5mm
79.5 day(s)
total for 2015
1486.0mm
76 day(s)
total to this day 2014
1743.0mm
84 day(s)
wettest day
126.0mm
Feb 11
lowest temperature
21.1°C
Mar 13
highest temperature
32.9°C
Jan 1

Horn Island Almanac

April minimum temperature
lowest this month
23.9°C
6th
lowest on record
21.1°C
5th 2012
average this month
25.8°C
+0.6°C
long-term average
25.2°C
April maximum temperature
highest this month
32.2°C
9th
highest on record
33.9°C
6th 2003
average this month
31.4°C
+0.9°C
long-term average
30.5°C
April rainfall
wettest this month
37.2mm
21st
total this month
54.2mm
9 day(s)
long-term average
250.6mm
15.8 day(s)
wettest on record
726.2mm
1999
driest on record
6.0mm
1997

Somerset Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Somerset Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Help with Weatherzone