you are not logged in | login or join us

Saibai Island Weather

  RSS

9.40°S 142.70°E 2m AMSL

Horn Island Forecast

This morning 25°C
Today 31°C
Possible thunderstorm

Now

25.1°C steady
Updated at 03:00 EST

Peninsula for Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Light winds.
Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Light winds becoming E/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the late evening.

Currently at Horn Island

Temperature 25.1°C steady
Dew Point 24.4°C falling
Feels Like 25.7°C
Relative Humidity 96%
Wind icon
W 7km/h rising
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1006.2hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.3
Rain since 9am/last hr 10.2mm / -

Sun on Sunday

Sunrise sunrise
06:34 EST
Sunset sunset
18:53 EST

Nearby Now

Weipa Ap 24.2°C
Lockhart River Ap 23.6°C
Coen Ap 22.7°C

Next 12 hours in Horn Island

possible thunderstorm

6am

Chance shower or storm
25°C
possible thunderstorm

9am

Chance shower or storm
28°C
possible thunderstorm

12pm

Chance shower or storm
30°C
possible thunderstorm

3pm

Chance shower or storm
31°C
powered by Opticast

Peninsula Weather Warnings

There are no warnings current.

Queensland weather update

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Horn Island 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Mar 1
Mon
Mar 2
Tue
Mar 3
Wed
Mar 4
Thu
Mar 5
Fri
Mar 6
Sat
Mar 7
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
Maximum 31°C 31°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 24°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 60% 70% 50% 80% 70%
Rain Amount 10-20mm 10-20mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 17
km/h
18
km/h
6
km/h
9
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
7
km/h
6
km/h
2
km/h
6
km/h
6
km/h
14
km/h
10
km/h
14
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 17km/h
NNW
NW 18km/h
NW
WNW 6km/h
WNW
NW 9km/h
NW
SSW 4km/h
SSW
NNE 4km/h
NNE
NNE 7km/h
NNE
N 6km/h
N
SSW 2km/h
SSW
N 6km/h
N
WNW 6km/h
WNW
NW 14km/h
NW
NW 10km/h
NW
NW 14km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 86% 69% 84% 68% 89% 70% 88% 69% 88% 71% 83% 70% 88% 72%
Dew Point 25°C 25°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 25°C

Horn Island Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon rise moon set full moon last quarter new moon first quarter
first light
06:13 EST
sunrise
06:34 EST
sunset
18:53 EST
last light
19:14 EST
moon
rise
Sun 15:36 EST
set
Mon 03:33 EST
moon
Fri
Mar 6
moon
Sat
Mar 14
moon
Fri
Mar 20
moon
Fri
Mar 27

Coconut Island Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Feb 28
24.7°C 30°C 8.4mm
Fri
Feb 27
24.2°C 28.4°C 17.8mm
Thu
Feb 26
27.1°C 28.7°C 0.2mm
Wed
Feb 25
27.2°C 31.7°C 0.0mm
Tue
Feb 24
- 32.1°C -

Coconut Island Year To Date

average rainfall to Mar
904.1mm
51.5 day(s)
total for 2015
873.2mm
37 day(s)
total to this day 2014
640.6mm
42 day(s)
wettest day
128.8mm
Jan 9
lowest temperature
22.6°C
Feb 19
highest temperature
34.1°C
Jan 1

Coconut Island Almanac

March minimum temperature
lowest this month
lowest on record
22.0°C
1st 2000
average this month
 
long-term average
25.7°C
March maximum temperature
highest this month
highest on record
35.0°C
2nd 2001
average this month
 
long-term average
31.6°C
March rainfall
wettest this month
total this month
0 day(s)
long-term average
327.9mm
17.4 day(s)
wettest on record
610.8mm
2006
driest on record
0.0mm
2002

Saibai Island Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Saibai Island Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Victorian storms: Toddler killed, girl taken to hospital after tree falls on house in Dandenong Ranges

ABC licensed image 03:23 EDT A two-year-old boy has died and a girl suffered serious injuries after a tree fell on their house at The Patch in the Dandenong Ranges, east of Melbourne, as severe thunderstorms swept through Victoria on Saturday evening.

Help with Weatherzone