Fairfax Media Network

Lakeland Weather


15.86°S 144.86°E 262m AMSL

Cooktown Forecast

Tonight 24°C
Tomorrow 35°C
possible_shower

Now

28.4°C falling
Updated at 18:50 EST

Peninsula for Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Friday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls in the north. Light winds becoming NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening.

Currently at Cooktown Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 28.4°C falling
Dew Point 23.1°C rising
Feels Like 31.9°C
Relative Humidity 73%
Wind icon
ENE 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1008.0hPa rising
Fire Danger 3.4
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:02 EST
Sunset sunset
18:57 EST

Nearby Now

Low Isles 29.2°C
Mareeba Ap 28.8°C

Next 12 hours in Mareeba

48-hour forecast

9pm

Clear
24°C

12am

Mostly clear
22°C

3am

Mostly clear
20°C

6am

Mostly clear
20°C

Peninsula Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Cooktown 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Jan 19
Fri
Jan 20
Sat
Jan 21
Sun
Jan 22
Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25

Sunny

Possible shower

Possible thunderstorm

Mostly sunny

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm
Maximum 34°C 35°C 34°C 36°C 34°C 33°C 33°C
Minimum 24°C 24°C 25°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 5% 10% 10% 40% 70% 70% 90%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
20
km/h
6
km/h
16
km/h
4
km/h
13
km/h
6
km/h
16
km/h
9
km/h
22
km/h
14
km/h
23
km/h
14
km/h
25
km/h
Wind Direction SSE 10km/h
SSE
ESE 20km/h
ESE
SW 6km/h
SW
E 16km/h
E
W 4km/h
W
NE 13km/h
NE
W 6km/h
W
E 16km/h
E
ESE 9km/h
ESE
ESE 22km/h
ESE
ESE 14km/h
ESE
ESE 23km/h
ESE
ESE 14km/h
ESE
ESE 25km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 71% 55% 67% 51% 69% 58% 70% 54% 66% 61% 72% 69% 76% 73%
Dew Point 24°C 23°C 24°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 26°C 25°C 23°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 26°C

Cooktown Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:40 EST
sunrise
06:03 EST
sunset
18:57 EST
last light
19:20 EST
moon
rise
Thu 23:58 EST
set
Fri 12:35 EST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Cooktown Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Jan 19
24.0°C 32°C 6.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
24.2°C 31.4°C 3.6mm
Tue
Jan 17
23.9°C 28.8°C 5.8mm
Mon
Jan 16
24.1°C 31.8°C 32.4mm
Sun
Jan 15
25.4°C 33.3°C 0.0mm

Cooktown Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
283.2mm
19.6 Day(s)
Total For 2017
201.2mm
17 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
36.2mm
9 Day(s)
Wettest Day
64.6mm
Jan 12
Lowest Temperature
23.3°C
Jan 6
Highest Temperature
37.3°C
Jan 2

Cooktown Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
23.3°C
6th
Lowest On Record
20.2°C
14th 2005
Average This Month
24.5°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
24.3°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
37.3°C
2nd
Highest On Record
38.6°C
30th 2013
Average This Month
33.1°C
+1.3°C
Long-term Average
31.8°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
64.6mm
12th
Total This Month
201.2mm
17 Day(s)
Long-term Average
283.2mm
19.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
497.0mm
2010
Driest On Record
82.6mm
2007
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Severe weather warning for Tasmania's north-east, possible flash flooding

18:03 EDT

Severe weather predicted for Tasmania's north and east on Friday has prompted a public warning from emergency services.

Wet night ahead of Friday flood threat

15:00 EDT

Rain and storms could bring flooding to parts of southern and southeast Australia during the next 24 hours.

Monsoon likely for Darwin and Top End, bringing cooler temperatures, more rain

14:03 EDT

People in Darwin and other parts of the Top End may be about to get relief from recent hot weather, with the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) predicting a monsoon trough will start to affect the area within days.