Fairfax Media Network

Mission Beach Weather


South Johnstone Forecast

This morning 23°C
Today 34°C
mostly_sunny

Now

26.7°C rising
Updated at 07:50 EST

Nth Cst & Tableland for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

Currently at South Johnstone

24-hour graph
Temperature 26.7°C rising
Dew Point 23.8°C rising
Feels Like 29.4°C
Relative Humidity 84%
Wind icon
Calm falling
Wind Gusts 7km/h
Pressure 1010.0hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:57 EST
Sunset sunset
18:58 EST

Nearby Now

Lucinda Point 26.4°C

Next 12 hours in Cairns

48-hour forecast

9am

Clear
31°C

12pm

Chance shower or storm
34°C

3pm

Slight chance storm
33°C

6pm

Mostly clear
30°C

Nth Cst & Tableland Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

South Johnstone 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Jan 21
Sun
Jan 22
Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Showers

Possible shower
Maximum 34°C 34°C 32°C 32°C 32°C 31°C 32°C
Minimum 23°C 22°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 23°C
Chance of Rain 70% 60% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 10-20mm 10-20mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 0
km/h
11
km/h
0
km/h
13
km/h
4
km/h
13
km/h
6
km/h
14
km/h
7
km/h
14
km/h
8
km/h
15
km/h
8
km/h
15
km/h
Wind Direction Calm
N
E 11km/h
E
Calm
SE
E 13km/h
E
ESE 4km/h
ESE
ESE 13km/h
ESE
SSE 6km/h
SSE
SE 14km/h
SE
SE 7km/h
SE
SE 14km/h
SE
SE 8km/h
SE
SE 15km/h
SE
SE 8km/h
SE
ESE 15km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 69% 62% 70% 60% 80% 67% 81% 71% 80% 71% 83% 73% 82% 73%
Dew Point 24°C 25°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C

South Johnstone Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:33 EST
sunrise
05:57 EST
sunset
18:58 EST
last light
19:21 EST
moon
set
Sat 13:21 EST
rise
Sun 01:12 EST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

South Johnstone Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Jan 20
21.8°C 33°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jan 19
21.6°C 33.0°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
24.4°C 30.9°C 3.8mm
Tue
Jan 17
23.6°C 31.5°C 17.4mm
Mon
Jan 16
23.8°C 32.9°C 34.4mm

South Johnstone Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
537.8mm
18.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
989.0mm
17 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
91.2mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
266.6mm
Jan 10
Lowest Temperature
21.6°C
Jan 19
Highest Temperature
33.0°C
Jan 2

South Johnstone Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
21.6°C
19th
Lowest On Record
14.4°C
17th 1965
Average This Month
23.7°C
+1.0°C
Long-term Average
22.7°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
33.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
40.0°C
8th 1994
Average This Month
31.5°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
31.3°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
266.6mm
10th
Total This Month
989.0mm
17 Day(s)
Long-term Average
537.8mm
18.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
2740.6mm
1981
Driest On Record
12.1mm
1947
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Kimberley cattle country soaked by January rains in great start to season

18:55 EDT

Cattle stations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia have had an extremely wet start to 2017.

SA weather: Thousands without power after wild storms cross state

17:26 EDT

Thousands of properties are without power in South Australia, with Adelaide being the hardest hit, after a storm front crossed the state last night.

Adelaide's sodden summer

17:04 EDT

Adelaide is having the wettest summer to date in more than half a century.