Fairfax Media Network

Yowah Weather


27.97°S 144.64°E 200m AMSL

Thargomindah Forecast

This morning 30°C
Today 40°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

28.5°C steady
Updated at 00:10 EST

Maranoa for Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms, with possible heavy falls near and west of about Mitchell. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h.
Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm, most likely in the west. Winds NE 20 to 30 km/h tending N 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

Currently at Thargomindah Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 28.5°C steady
Dew Point 22.3°C steady
Feels Like 31.5°C
Relative Humidity 69%
Wind icon
NW 11km/h steady
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1008.4hPa falling
Fire Danger 3.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:49 EST
Sunset sunset
19:24 EST

Nearby Now

Charleville Ap 27.9°C
Bourke Ap 33.6°C
Tibooburra Ap 30.2°C

Next 12 hours in Thargomindah

48-hour forecast

3am

Mostly clear
32°C

6am

Mostly clear
30°C

9am

Mostly clear
34°C

12pm

Intermittent rain
38°C

Maranoa Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Thargomindah 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower

Sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 40°C 42°C 41°C 40°C 42°C 43°C 43°C
Minimum 30°C 30°C 30°C 29°C 28°C 29°C 30°C
Chance of Rain 60% 70% 50% 40% 40% 40% 70%
Rain Amount < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 24
km/h
19
km/h
24
km/h
11
km/h
10
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
10
km/h
16
km/h
13
km/h
18
km/h

 
Wind Direction NNE 24km/h
NNE
N 19km/h
N
NNW 24km/h
NNW
NW 11km/h
NW
ESE 10km/h
ESE
SSE 13km/h
SSE
ESE 16km/h
ESE
S 12km/h
S
E 17km/h
E
ENE 10km/h
ENE
NE 16km/h
NE
SW 13km/h
SW
E 18km/h
E
icon
 
Relative Humidity 45% 30% 37% 28% 42% 31% 43% 29% 38% 24% 35% 20% 32%
Dew Point 21°C 20°C 19°C 20°C 21°C 21°C 20°C 19°C 18°C 17°C 18°C 15°C 17°C

Thargomindah Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:23 EST
sunrise
05:49 EST
sunset
19:24 EST
last light
19:50 EST
moon
rise
Mon 01:48 EST
set
Mon 15:23 EST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Thargomindah Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Jan 22
- - 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
- - 0.0mm
Fri
Jan 20
- - 0.0mm
Thu
Jan 19
25.2°C - 4.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
32.1°C 42.0°C 0.0mm

Thargomindah Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
36.8mm
3.5 Day(s)
Total For 2017
4.0mm
1 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
65.8mm
7 Day(s)
Wettest Day
4.0mm
Jan 19
Lowest Temperature
24.4°C
Jan 16
Highest Temperature
44.5°C
Jan 11

Thargomindah Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
24.4°C
16th
Lowest On Record
17.2°C
1st 2000
Average This Month
28.7°C
+3.3°C
Long-term Average
25.4°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
44.5°C
11th
Highest On Record
48.8°C
13th 2013
Average This Month
41.3°C
+2.9°C
Long-term Average
38.4°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
4.0mm
19th
Total This Month
4.0mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
36.8mm
3.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
116.8mm
2007
Driest On Record
0.0mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heating up across the southeastern capitals

11:19 EDT

A couple of scorchers are on the way for Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney over the next few days.

Darwin not quite that wet (yet)

11:13 EDT

Following a good start to January 2017 rainfall, when 125mm fell during the first 48 hours of the year, conditions have been relatively dry for the Northern Territory capital.

Steamy night in Brisbane

14:29 EDT

In the early hours of the morning, Brisbane had its warmest minimum temperature since at least 1999, when the mercury halted its descent at 28 degrees just after 3am.