Fairfax Media Network

Maramie Weather


Kowanyama Forecast

Today 33°C
Tonight 25°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

31.3°C falling
Updated at 14:20 EST

Gulf Country for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming NE 15 to 20 km/h in the evening then becoming light in the late evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 33 to 40.

Currently at Kowanyama Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 31.3°C falling
Dew Point 24.2°C falling
Feels Like 37.2°C
Relative Humidity 66%
Wind icon
WNW 14km/h falling
Wind Gusts 19km/h
Pressure 1006.8hPa rising
Fire Danger 5.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:37 EST
Sunset sunset
18:41 EST

Nearby Now

Normanton 35.1°C
Coen Ap 33.0°C

Next 12 hours in Kowanyama

48-hour forecast

3pm

Shower. Chance storm
33°C

6pm

Slight chance storm
30°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy
27°C

12am

Mostly cloudy
26°C

Gulf Country Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Kowanyama 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Mar 24
Sat
Mar 25
Sun
Mar 26
Mon
Mar 27
Tue
Mar 28
Wed
Mar 29
Thu
Mar 30

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower
Maximum 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 34°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 27°C 26°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 70% 90% 80% 90% 90%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 6
km/h
15
km/h
4
km/h
13
km/h
6
km/h
16
km/h
14
km/h
22
km/h
16
km/h
24
km/h
18
km/h
21
km/h
15
km/h
21
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 6km/h
NNW
WNW 15km/h
WNW
NW 4km/h
NW
W 13km/h
W
WSW 6km/h
WSW
W 16km/h
W
WNW 14km/h
WNW
WNW 22km/h
WNW
NW 16km/h
NW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
NNW 18km/h
NNW
NW 21km/h
NW
N 15km/h
N
NNW 21km/h
NNW
Relative Humidity 78% 66% 77% 67% 76% 64% 78% 62% 76% 61% 75% 65% 77% 63%
Dew Point 26°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 25°C 25°C 24°C 26°C 25°C 26°C 26°C

Kowanyama Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:16 EST
sunrise
06:37 EST
sunset
18:41 EST
last light
19:03 EST
moon
set
Fri 15:47 EST
rise
Sat 03:41 EST
moon
Tue
Mar 28
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19

Kowanyama Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Mar 24
22.7°C - 28.2mm
Thu
Mar 23
24.3°C 32.9°C 11.6mm
Wed
Mar 22
25.1°C 33.8°C 0.0mm
Tue
Mar 21
25.0°C 32.8°C 9.4mm
Mon
Mar 20
23.9°C 33.0°C 25.0mm

Kowanyama Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
961.5mm
48.0 Day(s)
Total For 2017
1007.6mm
60 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
675.2mm
46 Day(s)
Wettest Day
73.6mm
Mar 6
Lowest Temperature
22.3°C
Feb 26
Highest Temperature
35.3°C
Mar 8

Kowanyama Ap Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
22.7°C
24th
Lowest On Record
13.3°C
1st 1970
Average This Month
24.8°C
+1.0°C
Long-term Average
23.8°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
35.3°C
8th
Highest On Record
38.0°C
7th 1994
Average This Month
33.6°C
+0.8°C
Long-term Average
32.8°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
73.6mm
6th
Total This Month
294.6mm
15 Day(s)
Long-term Average
240.5mm
13.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
686.5mm
1995
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1942
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Sydney's sodden March

14:34 EDT

Sydney is having its wettest March in 33 years after yet another showery night.

Cyclone preparations step up as tropical low expected to strengthen off north Queensland

14:22 EDT

Authorities are preparing for a potential cyclone that could hit the north Queensland coast in coming days, as the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) tracks a tropical low in the Coral Sea that is expected to strengthen.

Queensland cyclone threat update

11:30 EDT

It's looking more likely that a tropical cyclone will cross the Queensland coast in the coming days.