you are not logged in | login or join us

Longreach Weather

  RSS

23.44°S 144.25°E 189m AMSL

Longreach Forecast

Today 37°C
Tonight 23°C
Possible thunderstorm

Now

36.8°C falling
Updated at 13:59 EST

Central West for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers south of Longreach, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm from late this morning. Winds NE 15 to 25 km/h turning E/SE in the afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures 33 to 38.

Currently at Longreach Ap

Temperature 36.8°C falling
Dew Point 10.2°C falling
Feels Like 35.1°C
Relative Humidity 20%
Wind icon
NE 18km/h rising
Wind Gusts 30km/h
Pressure 1010.4hPa falling
Fire Danger 33.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Friday

Sunrise sunrise
05:28 EST
Sunset sunset
18:54 EST

Nearby Now

Blackall 36.3°C
Winton Ap 37.7°C
Hughenden Ap 36.2°C
Richmond 38.3°C

Next 12 hours in Longreach

mostly cloudy

3pm

Mostly cloudy
37°C
possible thunderstorm

6pm

Slight chance storm
36°C
mostly cloudy

9pm

Mostly cloudy
29°C
mostly clear

12am

Mostly clear
27°C
powered by Opticast

Central West Weather Warnings

Qld - Fri 11:51 EST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Damaging Wind/ Heavy Rain/ Large Hail) for the Central West, Channel Country and Maranoa and Warrego

Queensland weather update

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Longreach 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Nov 28
Sat
Nov 29
Sun
Nov 30
Mon
Dec 1
Tue
Dec 2
Wed
Dec 3
Thu
Dec 4
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
possible thunderstorm
Possible thunderstorm
possible shower
Possible shower
late shower
Late shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
Maximum 37°C 36°C 37°C 35°C 37°C 38°C 36°C
Minimum 24°C 23°C 23°C 23°C 22°C 23°C 24°C
Chance of Rain 60% 50% 50% 60% 80% 60% 90%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm 5-10mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 25
km/h
19
km/h
32
km/h
18
km/h
32
km/h
16
km/h
29
km/h
14
km/h
27
km/h
13
km/h
25
km/h
17
km/h
25
km/h
18
km/h
Wind Direction NE 25km/h
NE
ENE 19km/h
ENE
NE 32km/h
NE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
NE 32km/h
NE
ENE 16km/h
ENE
NE 29km/h
NE
E 14km/h
E
NE 27km/h
NE
NE 13km/h
NE
NE 25km/h
NE
NE 17km/h
NE
NE 25km/h
NE
SW 18km/h
SW
Relative Humidity 33% 22% 39% 23% 39% 23% 42% 29% 47% 27% 42% 26% 50% 32%
Dew Point 14°C 12°C 14°C 12°C 14°C 13°C 15°C 15°C 17°C 15°C 17°C 16°C 18°C 17°C

Longreach Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise first quarter full moon last quarter new moon
first light
05:03 EST
sunrise
05:28 EST
sunset
18:54 EST
last light
19:18 EST
moon
set
Fri 23:53 EST
rise
Sat 11:51 EST
moon
Sat
Nov 29
moon
Sat
Dec 6
moon
Sun
Dec 14
moon
Mon
Dec 22

Longreach Ap Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Nov 28
22.4°C - 9.0mm
Thu
Nov 27
26.4°C 38.8°C 0.2mm
Wed
Nov 26
24.2°C 39.6°C 0.0mm
Tue
Nov 25
25.3°C 40.2°C 0.0mm
Mon
Nov 24
25.1°C 40.7°C 0.6mm

Longreach Ap Year To Date

average rainfall to Nov
389.0mm
41.7 day(s)
total for 2014
144.0mm
34 day(s)
total to this day 2013
258.6mm
20 day(s)
wettest day
27.0mm
Feb 21
lowest temperature
-0.7°C
Jul 12
highest temperature
46.3°C
Jan 3

Longreach Ap Almanac

November minimum temperature
lowest this month
18.9°C
6th
lowest on record
9.3°C
3rd 1994
average this month
23.6°C
+3.6°C
long-term average
20.0°C
November maximum temperature
highest this month
43.4°C
21st
highest on record
45.8°C
30th 2006
average this month
39.9°C
+3.8°C
long-term average
36.1°C
November rainfall
wettest this month
3.6mm
6th
total this month
14.6mm
8 day(s)
long-term average
30.6mm
4.5 day(s)
wettest on record
183.0mm
2010
driest on record
0.0mm
1964

Longreach Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Longreach Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Brisbane storm: Tens of thousands of south-east Queensland residents still without power after 'worst storm in a decade'

ABC image 14:19 EDT A supercell storm that hit south-east Queensland yesterday afternoon with cyclonic winds and softball-sized hail has left tens of thousands of residents without power, transport delays and a huge clean-up.

Help with Weatherzone