Fairfax Media Network

Bowen Weather


Bowen Forecast

Today 32°C
Tonight 25°C
possible_shower

Now

30.2°C rising
Updated at 15:40 EST

Central Coast for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds SE 30 to 40 km/h.

Currently at Bowen

24-hour graph
Temperature 30.2°C rising
Dew Point 23.1°C rising
Feels Like 34.3°C
Relative Humidity 65%
Wind icon
SE 27km/h falling
Wind Gusts 31km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 7.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:12 EST
Sunset sunset
18:14 EST

Nearby Now

Proserpine Ap 30.1°C
Hamilton Island Ap 28.2°C
Alva Beach 30.7°C
Ayr 27.4°C

Next 12 hours in Bowen

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly cloudy. Windy
29°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy. Windy
29°C

12am

Slight chance shower. Windy
28°C

3am

Chance shower
27°C

Central Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Sat 14:05 EST
Tropical Cyclone Watch for Cape Tribulation to St Lawrence, including Cairns, Townsville and Mackay

Qld - Sat 13:03 EST
Gale Warning for the Townsville Coast and Great Barrier Reef Offshore. Strong Wind Warning for the Mackay Coast

National Forecast

Bowen 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Mar 25
Sun
Mar 26
Mon
Mar 27
Tue
Mar 28
Wed
Mar 29
Thu
Mar 30
Fri
Mar 31

Possible shower

Windy with showers

Windy with showers

Thunder-
storms

Showers

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 32°C 31°C 31°C 31°C 30°C 30°C 31°C
Minimum 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 20-40mm 40-80mm 20-40mm 20-40mm 20-40mm 10-20mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 30
km/h
36
km/h
36
km/h
40
km/h
39
km/h
46
km/h
30
km/h
27
km/h
20
km/h
24
km/h
15
km/h
20
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
Wind Direction SSE 30km/h
SSE
SSE 36km/h
SSE
SSE 36km/h
SSE
SSE 40km/h
SSE
SE 39km/h
SE
ESE 46km/h
ESE
E 30km/h
E
NE 27km/h
NE
NE 20km/h
NE
NNE 24km/h
NNE
NNE 15km/h
NNE
NNE 20km/h
NNE
NNE 12km/h
NNE
NE 17km/h
NE
Relative Humidity 74% 68% 74% 78% 82% 85% 84% 85% 81% 81% 81% 80% 78% 74%
Dew Point 24°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 26°C 26°C 27°C 25°C 26°C 25°C 26°C 24°C 26°C

Bowen Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:50 EST
sunrise
06:12 EST
sunset
18:14 EST
last light
18:36 EST
moon
set
Sat 16:12 EST
rise
Sun 04:05 EST
moon
Tue
Mar 28
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19

Bowen Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Mar 25
25°C 31°C 1.4mm
Fri
Mar 24
24°C 30°C 5.2mm
Thu
Mar 23
25°C 30°C 6.6mm
Wed
Mar 22
24°C 31°C 0.4mm
Tue
Mar 21
- - -

Proserpine Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
871.5mm
44.1 Day(s)
Total For 2017
956.8mm
56 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
736.4mm
40 Day(s)
Wettest Day
143.2mm
Jan 7
Lowest Temperature
17.8°C
Mar 10
Highest Temperature
37.4°C
Feb 14

Proserpine Ap Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
17.8°C
10th
Lowest On Record
14.2°C
22nd 1992
Average This Month
22.7°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
21.5°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
34.8°C
17th
Highest On Record
37.9°C
16th 1992
Average This Month
31.7°C
+1.6°C
Long-term Average
30.1°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
107.4mm
24th
Total This Month
280.0mm
16 Day(s)
Long-term Average
213.2mm
14.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
1077.2mm
2011
Driest On Record
22.4mm
1991
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie could hit north Queensland as category five, Bureau of Meteorology warns

14:29 EDT

A cyclone off northern Queensland could intensify to category five by the time it crosses the coast somewhere between Cardwell and Bowen, near Townsville, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned.

Cyclone Debbie: How the BOM names cyclones

13:50 EDT

The Bureau of Meteorology has off the coast of Queensland.

Queensland braces for Tropical Cyclone Debbie

12:37 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie is strengthening quickly on its journey to make landfall, likely between Lucinda and Proserpine on Monday or Tuesday.