Fairfax Media Network

Yantabulla Weather


29.34°S 145.00°E 124m AMSL

Wanaaring Forecast

Today 24°C
Tonight 9°C
mostly_sunny

Now

21.9°C falling
Updated at 16:10 EST

Upper Western for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the east, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h tending NW/SW 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning then becoming light in the late afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 19 and 24.

Currently at Bourke Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 21.9°C falling
Dew Point 10.4°C rising
Feels Like 21.9°C
Relative Humidity 48%
Wind icon
W 12km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1017.6hPa steady
Fire Danger 6.7
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.8mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:39 EST
Sunset sunset
18:08 EST

Nearby Now

Thargomindah Ap 21.3°C
Cobar 19.7°C
Cobar 20.5°C

Next 12 hours in Bourke

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly clear
18°C

9pm

Mostly clear
14°C

12am

Clear
12°C

3am

Fog
10°C

Upper Western Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Wed 10:52 EST
Minor Flood Warning for Bogan River at Gongolgon

NSW/ACT - Wed 10:48 EST
Flood watch for the Inland River Valleys

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Wanaaring 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Aug 31
Thu
Sep 1
Fri
Sep 2
Sat
Sep 3
Sun
Sep 4
Mon
Sep 5
Tue
Sep 6

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Rain

Mostly cloudy

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 24°C 21°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 22°C
Minimum 13°C 9°C 12°C 7°C 6°C 4°C 5°C
Chance of Rain 10% 70% 90% 5% 30% 5% 30%
Rain Amount < 1mm 20-40mm 10-20mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index High High High High Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 14
km/h
10
km/h
10
km/h
9
km/h
12
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
17
km/h
13
km/h
14
km/h
12
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
10
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 14km/h
WNW
W 10km/h
W
E 10km/h
E
E 9km/h
E
ENE 12km/h
ENE
NW 16km/h
NW
SW 16km/h
SW
SW 17km/h
SW
S 13km/h
S
S 14km/h
S
ESE 12km/h
ESE
ESE 11km/h
ESE
E 11km/h
E
E 10km/h
E
Relative Humidity 84% 48% 75% 79% 93% 85% 75% 51% 67% 48% 66% 45% 64% 45%
Dew Point 14°C 12°C 14°C 15°C 14°C 17°C 8°C 9°C 5°C 8°C 5°C 8°C 6°C 9°C

Wanaaring Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:15 EST
sunrise
06:39 EST
sunset
18:08 EST
last light
18:32 EST
moon
set
Wed 17:05 EST
rise
Thu 06:21 EST
moon
Thu
Sep 1
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23

Wanaaring Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Aug 31
4.5°C - 24.8mm
Tue
Aug 30
11.2°C 27.1°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 29
- 24.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Aug 28
1.9°C - 0.0mm
Sat
Aug 27
0.4°C 19.2°C 0.0mm

Wanaaring Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
187.0mm
21.9 Day(s)
Total For 2016
292.0mm
40 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
237.8mm
36 Day(s)
Wettest Day
79.3mm
May 9
Lowest Temperature
0.0°C
Aug 22
Highest Temperature
44.1°C
Jan 12

Wanaaring Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
0.0°C
22nd
Lowest On Record
-3.2°C
11th 1994
Average This Month
4.7°C
-0.6°C
Long-term Average
5.3°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.1°C
30th
Highest On Record
34.1°C
29th 2013
Average This Month
20.6°C
-0.9°C
Long-term Average
21.5°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
24.8mm
31st
Total This Month
40.9mm
7 Day(s)
Long-term Average
14.9mm
2.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
67.8mm
1960
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1900
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NT weather: Spectacular photos capture thick fog blanketing Alice Springs

15:58 EST

Residents of Alice Springs have woken to thick fog blanketing the streets and cloaking the East MacDonnell Ranges.

Spring hayfever season to be worst in years due to winter rain, experts say

13:50 EST

A wet winter is set to give way to a sneezy spring in south-eastern Australia, with this hayfever season predicted to be the worst in years.

Spring soaking to follow wet winter

12:43 EST

An impending rain event scheduled for the opening days of spring continues the pattern of wet weather which has gripped eastern Australia during winter.