Fairfax Media Network

Reids Flat Weather


34.15°S 148.96°E 429m AMSL

Cowra Forecast

This morning 3°C
Today 16°C
mostly_sunny

Now

7.1°C rising
Updated at 02:20 EST

Southwest Slopes for Thursday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the south later this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h.
Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the Victorian border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Areas of morning fog and low cloud about the ranges. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning.

Currently at Cowra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 7.1°C rising
Dew Point 5.1°C rising
Feels Like 4.1°C
Relative Humidity 87%
Wind icon
N 16km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1020.8hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:59 EST
Sunset sunset
17:25 EST

Nearby Now

Young Ap 1.5°C
Goulburn Ap 6.2°C
Orange Ap 6.0°C
Bathurst Ap 3.4°C

Next 12 hours in Young

48-hour forecast

3am

Mostly cloudy
3°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
3°C

9am

Mostly clear
6°C

12pm

Mostly clear
12°C

Southwest Slopes Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Cowra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Jul 31
Sat
Aug 1
Sun
Aug 2
Mon
Aug 3
Tue
Aug 4
Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6

Mostly sunny

Rain

Rain

Possible shower

Frost then sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 16°C 15°C 17°C 12°C 10°C 10°C 10°C
Minimum 3°C 4°C 5°C 2°C -2°C 0°C -1°C
Chance of Rain 40% 90% 90% 80% 60% 70% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Moderate Slight Nil Moderate Severe High High
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 6
km/h
9
km/h
16
km/h
17
km/h
12
km/h
15
km/h
17
km/h
23
km/h
7
km/h
15
km/h
14
km/h
19
km/h
17
km/h
18
km/h
Wind Direction NW 6km/h
NW
WNW 9km/h
WNW
NNW 16km/h
NNW
NW 17km/h
NW
NNW 12km/h
NNW
WSW 15km/h
WSW
WSW 17km/h
WSW
WSW 23km/h
WSW
WSW 7km/h
WSW
WSW 15km/h
WSW
WNW 14km/h
WNW
W 19km/h
W
WSW 17km/h
WSW
WSW 18km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 76% 56% 70% 62% 88% 67% 86% 65% 93% 55% 82% 67% 95% 67%
Dew Point 4°C 7°C 6°C 8°C 9°C 11°C 4°C 5°C 2°C 2°C 3°C 5°C 4°C 5°C

Cowra Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:33 EST
sunrise
06:59 EST
sunset
17:25 EST
last light
17:51 EST
moon
set
Fri 06:17 EST
rise
Fri 17:20 EST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Cowra Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Jul 30
0.9°C 14°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jul 29
-1.2°C 14.9°C 0.0mm
Tue
Jul 28
3.6°C 12.7°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jul 27
0.1°C 9.1°C 0.2mm
Sun
Jul 26
4.7°C 13.4°C 0.0mm

Cowra Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
337.8mm
54.6 Day(s)
Total For 2015
337.2mm
73 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
337.2mm
73 Day(s)
Wettest Day
28.0mm
Apr 7
Lowest Temperature
-3.6°C
Jul 6
Highest Temperature
37.8°C
Feb 8

Cowra Ap Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-3.6°C
6th
Lowest On Record
-8.0°C
29th 1994
Average This Month
1.0°C
-1.0°C
Long-term Average
2.0°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
16.8°C
9th
Highest On Record
22.0°C
29th 1975
Average This Month
12.6°C
-1.2°C
Long-term Average
13.8°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
23.4mm
17th
Total This Month
86.8mm
19 Day(s)
Long-term Average
51.5mm
12.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
155.2mm
1993
Driest On Record
7.8mm
1970
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Storm warning for parts of southern WA extended to Perth metropolitan area

23:34 EST

An unusual weather pattern is bringing storms to parts of southern Western Australia, with residents in the Central West, Lower West, Great Southern and Central Wheatbelt districts told to brace for damaging winds and possible flash flooding.

Winter winds bring a chill to Melbourne

16:43 EST

While northern parts of the country have experienced unseasonably warm temperatures, winter is business as usual in the south.

Grantham flood inquiry: Former quarry owner says western embankment natural, not manmade

16:15 EST

The former owner of the Grantham quarry that allegedly contributed to the fatal 2011 flood has said the western embankment beside the quarry was a natural landmark and not manmade.