Fairfax Media Network

Godfreys Creek Weather


34.11°S 148.78°E 404m AMSL

Cowra Forecast

This morning 2°C
Today 12°C
clearing_shower

Now

2.2°C rising
Updated at 00:50 EST

Southwest Slopes for Sunday Cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of rain, becoming less likely later this evening. Snow possible above 1100 metres. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h turning NW in the late evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W/SW 25 to 35 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Currently at Cowra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 2.2°C rising
Dew Point 1.9°C rising
Feels Like 0.1°C
Relative Humidity 98%
Wind icon
NNE 7km/h steady
Wind Gusts 7km/h
Pressure 1020.2hPa falling
Fire Danger 0.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.6mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:57 EST
Sunset sunset
17:27 EST

Nearby Now

Young Ap 3.1°C
Orange Ap 2.3°C
Forbes Ap 1.9°C
Parkes Ap 3.5°C

Next 12 hours in Young

48-hour forecast

3am

Mostly cloudy
1°C

6am

Mostly cloudy
3°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
6°C

12pm

Slight chance shower
9°C

Southwest Slopes Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Cowra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Aug 3
Tue
Aug 4
Wed
Aug 5
Thu
Aug 6
Fri
Aug 7
Sat
Aug 8
Sun
Aug 9

Clearing shower

Frost then sunny

Rain

Cloudy

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Cloudy
Maximum 12°C 10°C 10°C 10°C 13°C 13°C 13°C
Minimum 2°C -3°C 0°C 1°C 0°C -1°C -1°C
Chance of Rain 60% 90% 90% 50% 30% 5% 40%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Low Moderate
Frost Risk Moderate Severe High Moderate High Severe Severe
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 21
km/h
25
km/h
6
km/h
15
km/h
17
km/h
21
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
7
km/h
11
km/h
4
km/h
7
km/h
4
km/h
7
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 21km/h
WSW
WSW 25km/h
WSW
WSW 6km/h
WSW
WSW 15km/h
WSW
WNW 17km/h
WNW
WSW 21km/h
WSW
WSW 12km/h
WSW
W 14km/h
W
W 7km/h
W
WSW 11km/h
WSW
SW 4km/h
SW
SSW 7km/h
SSW
E 4km/h
E
W 7km/h
W
Relative Humidity 78% 62% 76% 51% 81% 70% 90% 62% 83% 58% 86% 54% 79% 57%
Dew Point 4°C 4°C 0°C 0°C 3°C 5°C 3°C 3°C 4°C 5°C 3°C 4°C 3°C 5°C

Cowra Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:30 EST
sunrise
06:57 EST
sunset
17:27 EST
last light
17:53 EST
moon
set
Mon 08:33 EST
rise
Mon 20:43 EST
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23
moon
Sun
Aug 30

Cowra Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Aug 2
7.4°C 19°C 0.8mm
Sat
Aug 1
-0.2°C 16.9°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jul 31
3.8°C 15.7°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jul 30
0.9°C 14.3°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jul 29
-1.2°C 14.9°C 0.0mm

Cowra Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
384.9mm
64.9 Day(s)
Total For 2015
338.0mm
74 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
339.0mm
74 Day(s)
Wettest Day
28.0mm
Apr 7
Lowest Temperature
-3.6°C
Jul 6
Highest Temperature
37.8°C
Feb 8

Cowra Ap Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-0.2°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-6.0°C
6th 1974
Average This Month
3.6°C
+0.9°C
Long-term Average
2.7°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
19.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
34.4°C
12th 1968
Average This Month
18.0°C
+2.4°C
Long-term Average
15.6°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.8mm
2nd
Total This Month
0.8mm
1 Day(s)
Long-term Average
47.1mm
10.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
101.6mm
1985
Driest On Record
4.0mm
1982
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

I thought it was supposed to be winter?

16:29 EST

Spring-like temperatures are bathing central and northern parts of New South Wales today, with some places experiencing record temperatures for this time of the year.

Rain and thunderstorms saturate southern NSW

12:27 EST

Areas of rain rolled across southern New South Wales yesterday and into early this morning, bringing some of the best August rainfall in several years for some places.

Tsunamis in Australia?

15:37 EST

With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.