Fairfax Media Network

Dog Trap Crossing Weather


35.08°S 148.93°E 484m AMSL

Yass Forecast

Tonight 2°C
Tomorrow 10°C
windy_with_showers

Now

4.6°C falling
Updated at 19:40 EST

Southern Tablelands for Sunday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. Snow showers possible above 1000 metres at night. Winds NW 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.
Monday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northwest, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow showers above 1000 metres. Winds W/NW 30 to 45 km/h.

Currently at Canberra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 4.6°C falling
Dew Point 3.4°C rising
Feels Like 2.0°C
Relative Humidity 92%
Wind icon
NW 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1010.6hPa falling
Fire Danger 0.8
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.8mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:04 EST
Sunset sunset
17:18 EST

Nearby Now

Tuggeranong 4.3°C
Braidwood 4.4°C
Mt Ginini -3.3°C
Young Ap 7.5°C

Next 12 hours in Canberra

48-hour forecast

9pm

Heavy rain
4°C

12am

Rain
4°C

3am

Intermittent rain
2°C

6am

Intermittent rain
1°C

Southern Tablelands Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Sun 17:31 EST
Minor Flood Warning for the Lachlan River

NSW/ACT - Sun 15:59 EST
Sheep Graziers Warning for Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands, South West Slopes, Snowy Mountains and ACT

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Yass 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Jul 24
Mon
Jul 25
Tue
Jul 26
Wed
Jul 27
Thu
Jul 28
Fri
Jul 29
Sat
Jul 30

Possible shower

Windy with showers

Clearing shower

Clearing shower

Late shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 10°C 10°C 10°C 11°C 11°C 12°C 14°C
Minimum -1°C 2°C 2°C 2°C 2°C 3°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 90% 70% 60% 70% 30% 10% 40%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Severe Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
19
km/h
26
km/h
25
km/h
25
km/h
24
km/h
22
km/h
21
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
4
km/h
7
km/h
Wind Direction NW 10km/h
NW
NW 19km/h
NW
WNW 26km/h
WNW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
WNW 24km/h
WNW
WNW 22km/h
WNW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
WNW 12km/h
WNW
W 17km/h
W
WNW 15km/h
WNW
WNW 18km/h
WNW
S 4km/h
S
NW 7km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 79% 66% 92% 84% 84% 70% 88% 84% 88% 78% 88% 79% 87% 68%
Dew Point 1°C 4°C 4°C 8°C 2°C 5°C 4°C 9°C 3°C 7°C 5°C 9°C 6°C 8°C

Yass Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:37 EST
sunrise
07:04 EST
sunset
17:18 EST
last light
17:45 EST
moon
rise
Sun 21:51 EST
set
Mon 10:17 EST
moon
Wed
Jul 27
moon
Wed
Aug 3
moon
Thu
Aug 11
moon
Thu
Aug 18

Burrinjuck Dam Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Jul 24
1.0°C - 6.2mm
Sat
Jul 23
7.0°C 8.5°C 24.0mm
Fri
Jul 22
10.0°C 18.0°C 0.4mm
Thu
Jul 21
9.5°C 15.5°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jul 20
10.5°C 14.5°C 10.4mm

Burrinjuck Dam Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
526.5mm
60.1 Day(s)
Total For 2016
767.9mm
70 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
517.9mm
59 Day(s)
Wettest Day
75.8mm
May 9
Lowest Temperature
-0.5°C
Jun 26
Highest Temperature
41.0°C
Jan 13

Burrinjuck Dam Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.0°C
24th
Lowest On Record
-7.0°C
20th 1997
Average This Month
5.2°C
+1.9°C
Long-term Average
3.3°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
18.0°C
22nd
Highest On Record
20.6°C
29th 1975
Average This Month
13.0°C
+1.1°C
Long-term Average
11.9°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
24.0mm
23rd
Total This Month
111.8mm
14 Day(s)
Long-term Average
102.9mm
13.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
253.4mm
1986
Driest On Record
6.0mm
1982
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

QUT-designed portable flood levee aimed at protecting low-lying towns goes into production

17:13 EST

An Australian-first portable temporary flood barrier designed by a group of Brisbane university students for a competition will go into production.

Winter returns in a hurry

16:24 EST

After unseasonable mid-winter warmth winter has returned in a hurry to both eastern and western Australia as temperatures drop by as much as 15 degrees in 24 hours.

Cold front roars through VIC

10:37 EST

A cold front has brought damaging wind gusts to parts of Victoria with more on the way.