Fairfax Media Network

Tewinga Weather


Smoky Cape Forecast

Today 32°C
Tonight 23°C
late_shower

Now

29.4°C rising
Updated at 14:40 EDT

Mid North Coast for Tuesday Hot and mostly sunny. High (70%) chance of showers in the south late this afternoon and evening, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm late this afternoon and evening. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h tending N/NE 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day. Daytime maximum temperatures 34 to 41.

Currently at Coffs Harbour

24-hour graph
Temperature 29.4°C rising
Dew Point 20.3°C rising
Feels Like 31.4°C
Relative Humidity 58%
Wind icon
NE 33km/h falling
Wind Gusts 39km/h
Pressure 1009.7hPa falling
Fire Danger 9.8
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:07 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:52 EDT

Nearby Now

Kempsey Ap 36.2°C
Port Macquarie Ap 33.0°C
Grafton 35.2°C

Fire Danger Rating

VERY HIGH

Next 12 hours in Coffs Harbour

48-hour forecast

3pm

Clear
35°C

6pm

Clear
33°C

9pm

Mostly clear
28°C

12am

Mostly clear
26°C

Mid North Coast Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Tue 10:26 EDT
Gale Warning Eden Coast. Strong Wind Warning extends to Hunter Coast including Sydney Closed Waters. Cancelled Coffs & Macquarie coasts

National Forecast

Smoky Cape 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29
Mon
Jan 30

Late shower

Showers

Showers

Possible shower

Possible shower

Late shower

Possible shower
Maximum 32°C 28°C 28°C 28°C 29°C 30°C 29°C
Minimum 21°C 23°C 22°C 22°C 22°C 22°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 90% 40% 90% 40%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 10-20mm 5-10mm 1-5mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 23
km/h
25
km/h
16
km/h
16
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
9
km/h
15
km/h
13
km/h
19
km/h
9
km/h
15
km/h
11
km/h
18
km/h
Wind Direction N 23km/h
N
NE 25km/h
NE
SSW 16km/h
SSW
S 16km/h
S
N 11km/h
N
ENE 11km/h
ENE
ENE 9km/h
ENE
ENE 15km/h
ENE
NNE 13km/h
NNE
NE 19km/h
NE
NE 9km/h
NE
E 15km/h
E
NE 11km/h
NE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
Relative Humidity 69% 60% 86% 83% 87% 80% 84% 78% 76% 70% 77% 70% 78% 71%
Dew Point 20°C 24°C 24°C 24°C 22°C 24°C 22°C 24°C 21°C 24°C 22°C 24°C 21°C 24°C

Smoky Cape Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:40 EDT
sunrise
06:07 EDT
sunset
19:52 EDT
last light
20:19 EDT
moon
set
Wed 17:32 EDT
rise
Thu 04:21 EDT
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Smoky Cape Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jan 24
22°C - 0.0mm
Mon
Jan 23
21.0°C 28°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jan 22
19.0°C 30.8°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
21.2°C 27.8°C 3.8mm
Fri
Jan 20
20.0°C 29.0°C 1.4mm

Smoky Cape Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
147.0mm
13.5 Day(s)
Total For 2017
55.0mm
13 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
90.9mm
9 Day(s)
Wettest Day
8.6mm
Jan 3
Lowest Temperature
17.0°C
Jan 3
Highest Temperature
35.2°C
Jan 18

Smoky Cape Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
17.0°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
13.3°C
8th 1965
Average This Month
21.0°C
+1.3°C
Long-term Average
19.7°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
35.2°C
18th
Highest On Record
39.5°C
2nd 2002
Average This Month
28.9°C
+1.9°C
Long-term Average
27.0°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
8.6mm
3rd
Total This Month
55.0mm
13 Day(s)
Long-term Average
147.0mm
13.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
527.0mm
1962
Driest On Record
15.0mm
1942
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

NSW heatwave: Records tumble in Moree, while Sydney set to swelter with top of 40C

14:06 EDT

As the mercury soars in Sydney today, spare a thought for the people of Moree in northern New South Wales, who are in the midst of a record-breaking heatwave.

Heatwave: Why you have trouble sleeping during hot nights

12:58 EDT

The morning after a sweltering summer night, when you have tossed and turned and sweated in your sheets, many may experience a rude awakening.

NT weather: Crocs, floods, and food drops as Top End residents brace for more heavy rainfall

12:41 EDT

The Katherine River is set to flood as an active monsoon trough causes heavy rains and squally showers across the Northern Territory, registering the wettest day in five years.