Fairfax Media Network

Broken Hill North Weather


31.95°S 141.46°E 315m AMSL

Broken Hill Forecast

Today 15°C
Tonight 4°C
mostly_sunny

Now

14.0°C rising
Updated at 13:00 EST

Lower Western for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northeast this morning. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S/SW in the middle of the day. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 17.

Currently at Broken Hill Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 14.0°C rising
Dew Point 8.4°C rising
Feels Like 12.1°C
Relative Humidity 69%
Wind icon
WSW 24km/h steady
Wind Gusts 30km/h
Pressure 1014.9hPa falling
Fire Danger 3.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:24 EST
Sunset sunset
17:39 EST

Nearby Now

Fowlers Gap 13.9°C
Yunta 14.1°C
Wilcannia Ap 14.9°C

Next 12 hours in Broken Hill

48-hour forecast

3pm

Mostly clear
15°C

6pm

Mostly cloudy
13°C

9pm

Mostly clear
10°C

12am

Mostly clear
7°C

Lower Western Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Broken Hill 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
May 28
Sun
May 29
Mon
May 30
Tue
May 31
Wed
Jun 1
Thu
Jun 2
Fri
Jun 3

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Late shower

Possible shower
Maximum 15°C 15°C 17°C 15°C 17°C 16°C 15°C
Minimum 7°C 4°C 6°C 7°C 8°C 7°C 9°C
Chance of Rain 5% 20% 80% 30% 20% 50% 70%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 22
km/h
17
km/h
7
km/h
6
km/h
11
km/h
12
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
7
km/h
11
km/h
12
km/h
16
km/h
15
km/h
17
km/h
Wind Direction W 22km/h
W
SW 17km/h
SW
ENE 7km/h
ENE
NW 6km/h
NW
NNE 11km/h
NNE
N 12km/h
N
NE 11km/h
NE
NNE 11km/h
NNE
NE 7km/h
NE
NE 11km/h
NE
E 12km/h
E
ESE 16km/h
ESE
ESE 15km/h
ESE
SE 17km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 81% 57% 81% 54% 73% 46% 72% 50% 69% 49% 76% 54% 88% 66%
Dew Point 7°C 7°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 5°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 6°C 7°C 10°C 9°C

Broken Hill Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:58 EST
sunrise
07:24 EST
sunset
17:39 EST
last light
18:05 EST
moon
rise
Sat 23:29 EST
set
Sun 12:47 EST
moon
Sun
May 29
moon
Sun
Jun 5
moon
Sun
Jun 12
moon
Mon
Jun 20

Broken Hill Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
May 28
6.8°C - 2.0mm
Fri
May 27
7.2°C 16.3°C 0.0mm
Thu
May 26
10.3°C 17.1°C 15.8mm
Wed
May 25
6.5°C 15.2°C 0.0mm
Tue
May 24
4.1°C 19.6°C 0.0mm

Broken Hill Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
115.9mm
17.0 Day(s)
Total For 2016
127.0mm
27 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
123.2mm
22 Day(s)
Wettest Day
24.0mm
May 8
Lowest Temperature
4.1°C
May 24
Highest Temperature
42.6°C
Jan 12

Broken Hill Ap Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.1°C
24th
Lowest On Record
-3.0°C
30th 1994
Average This Month
10.1°C
+2.4°C
Long-term Average
7.7°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.4°C
6th
Highest On Record
29.9°C
6th 1991
Average This Month
21.0°C
+1.9°C
Long-term Average
19.1°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
24.0mm
8th
Total This Month
51.4mm
5 Day(s)
Long-term Average
21.1mm
4.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
84.2mm
1968
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1976
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Lake Eyre gets late flow from Queensland and more SA rainfall than usual

12:31 EST

Water is flowing into outback Lake Eyre, but somewhat differently from past flooding of the remote saltpan, travel guide Rex Ellis says.

Kiwis in for a pounding

12:24 EST

A strong and complex low is moving over New Zealand and has been generating heavy rain, isolated thunderstorms and gale force winds.

When it rains over Uluru

12:19 EST

The sunrise this morning likely made the ancient sandstone formation of Uluru glow a glorious red at dawn, although cloud and rain from today should lead to more demure morning displays for the next couple of days.