Fairfax Media Network

Avoca Beach Weather


Gosford Forecast

Tonight 6°C
Tomorrow 19°C
clearing_shower

Now

11.8°C falling
Updated at 18:30 EST

Hunter for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm along the coastal fringe. Winds S/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Fog in the early morning. Areas of morning frost about the Upper Hunter. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast in the morning, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.

Currently at Gosford

24-hour graph
Temperature 11.8°C falling
Dew Point 9.5°C rising
Feels Like 12.2°C
Relative Humidity 86%
Wind icon
ENE 1km/h steady
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:20 EST
Sunset sunset
17:33 EST

Nearby Now

Norah Head 12.8°C
Terrey Hills 11.6°C
Mangrove Mt 10.3°C

Next 12 hours in Woy Woy

48-hour forecast

9pm

Slight chance shower
12°C

12am

Chance shower
11°C

3am

Mostly clear
10°C

6am

Mostly clear
10°C

Hunter Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Gosford 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Aug 26
Sat
Aug 27
Sun
Aug 28
Mon
Aug 29
Tue
Aug 30
Wed
Aug 31
Thu
Sep 1

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 16°C 19°C 19°C 20°C 22°C 23°C 22°C
Minimum 5°C 6°C 4°C 6°C 8°C 11°C 11°C
Chance of Rain 70% 5% 10% 5% 40% 90% 80%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Slight Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 12
km/h
16
km/h
6
km/h
2
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
2
km/h
6
km/h
2
km/h
11
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
2
km/h
7
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 12km/h
WSW
SSW 16km/h
SSW
WSW 6km/h
WSW
N 2km/h
N
WNW 4km/h
WNW
W 4km/h
W
W 2km/h
W
ESE 6km/h
ESE
NNE 2km/h
NNE
ENE 11km/h
ENE
N 8km/h
N
NNW 11km/h
NNW
NW 2km/h
NW
NE 7km/h
NE
Relative Humidity 65% 62% 65% 45% 64% 39% 63% 48% 71% 57% 76% 69% 80% 68%
Dew Point 5°C 8°C 6°C 7°C 5°C 5°C 7°C 9°C 10°C 13°C 13°C 17°C 14°C 16°C

Gosford Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:54 EST
sunrise
06:19 EST
sunset
17:34 EST
last light
17:59 EST
moon
rise
Sat 01:56 EST
set
Sat 12:39 EST
moon
Thu
Sep 1
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23

Gosford Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Aug 26
6.8°C 16°C 0.6mm
Thu
Aug 25
9.4°C 16.7°C 43.0mm
Wed
Aug 24
11.3°C 14.7°C 26.8mm
Tue
Aug 23
7.3°C 17.1°C 1.4mm
Mon
Aug 22
5.3°C 13.8°C 0.0mm

Norah Head Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
924.1mm
98.1 Day(s)
Total For 2016
809.2mm
92 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
946.6mm
107 Day(s)
Wettest Day
82.8mm
Jan 6
Lowest Temperature
5.0°C
Jul 14
Highest Temperature
37.5°C
Jan 14

Norah Head Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
7.4°C
12th
Lowest On Record
4.6°C
12th 2005
Average This Month
10.9°C
+0.4°C
Long-term Average
10.5°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
24.9°C
10th
Highest On Record
29.4°C
21st 1995
Average This Month
19.1°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
18.8°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
13.8mm
25th
Total This Month
60.2mm
10 Day(s)
Long-term Average
75.9mm
9.2 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
218.2mm
2014
Driest On Record
0.8mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Winston: Fiji struggles to rebuild six months after storm devastated the country

18:23 EST

Victims of Cyclone Winston in Fiji are struggling to rebuild their lives six months after the category five storm devastated large parts of the country.

Perth ending winter on a wet note

17:45 EST

Perth could see the heaviest rain in more than a month tonight as a late-winter front hits the southwest.

Drought's devastating impact on outback Queensland towns to be studied for new report

16:01 EST

For people living in outback Queensland, the impact of the ongoing drought can be seen everywhere.