Fairfax Media Network

Cooks Myalls Weather


33.00°S 148.01°E 305m AMSL

Parkes Forecast

Today 32°C
Tonight 16°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

33.5°C steady
Updated at 16:10 EDT

CW Slopes & Plains for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers on the slopes, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening. Winds NE/SE 15 to 25 km/h tending SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then tending E/SE 25 to 40 km/h in the evening. Daytime maximum temperatures 31 to 38.

Currently at Parkes Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 33.5°C steady
Dew Point 6.7°C steady
Feels Like 31.4°C
Relative Humidity 19%
Wind icon
SSW 18km/h rising
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1013.7hPa falling
Fire Danger 31.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:52 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:48 EDT

Nearby Now

Forbes Ap 33.7°C
Condobolin Ap 33.8°C
Dubbo Ap 33.6°C
Cowra Ap 31.5°C

Fire Danger Rating

HIGH

Next 12 hours in Parkes

48-hour forecast

6pm

Chance shower
30°C

9pm

Slight chance shower
22°C

12am

Mostly clear
18°C

3am

Clear
17°C

CW Slopes & Plains Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Sat 16:00 EDT
Severe Thunderstorm Warning (Damaging Wind, Heavy Rain, Large Hail) for Mid N Coast, Hunter, NW/Cent W Slopes & Plains and Cent/N Tablelands

National Forecast

Parkes 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Feb 25
Sun
Feb 26
Mon
Feb 27
Tue
Feb 28
Wed
Mar 1
Thu
Mar 2
Fri
Mar 3

Possible thunderstorm

Late shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Late shower

Possible shower
Maximum 32°C 30°C 32°C 32°C 33°C 31°C 31°C
Minimum 16°C 16°C 14°C 15°C 16°C 16°C 15°C
Chance of Rain 70% 30% 20% 30% 40% 50% 50%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 19
km/h
15
km/h
22
km/h
24
km/h
17
km/h
21
km/h
17
km/h
22
km/h
16
km/h
20
km/h
15
km/h
20
km/h
13
km/h
21
km/h
Wind Direction E 19km/h
E
E 15km/h
E
E 22km/h
E
E 24km/h
E
E 17km/h
E
ESE 21km/h
ESE
E 17km/h
E
E 22km/h
E
E 16km/h
E
SE 20km/h
SE
E 15km/h
E
SE 20km/h
SE
ESE 13km/h
ESE
SE 21km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 57% 27% 53% 28% 57% 27% 58% 27% 57% 27% 59% 30% 59% 30%
Dew Point 15°C 11°C 12°C 9°C 12°C 11°C 13°C 10°C 14°C 11°C 14°C 11°C 14°C 11°C

Parkes Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:26 EDT
sunrise
06:52 EDT
sunset
19:48 EDT
last light
20:14 EDT
moon
set
Sat 18:52 EDT
rise
Sun 06:09 EDT
moon
Mon
Feb 27
moon
Sun
Mar 5
moon
Mon
Mar 13
moon
Tue
Mar 21

Parkes Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Feb 25
12.2°C 34°C 0.0mm
Fri
Feb 24
15.3°C 37.1°C 0.0mm
Thu
Feb 23
16.9°C 37.6°C 0.0mm
Wed
Feb 22
9.9°C 34.9°C 0.0mm
Tue
Feb 21
6.4°C 29.6°C 0.0mm

Parkes Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Feb
130.1mm
12.5 Day(s)
Total For 2017
23.4mm
10 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
88.8mm
11 Day(s)
Wettest Day
8.4mm
Jan 21
Lowest Temperature
6.4°C
Feb 21
Highest Temperature
45.9°C
Feb 11

Parkes Ap Almanac

full climatology
February Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
6.4°C
21st
Lowest On Record
6.0°C
17th 1998
Average This Month
17.1°C
-0.2°C
Long-term Average
17.3°C
February Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
45.9°C
11th
Highest On Record
44.0°C
15th 2004
Average This Month
35.3°C
+3.6°C
Long-term Average
31.7°C
February Rainfall
Wettest This Month
1.4mm
8th
Total This Month
1.6mm
2 Day(s)
Long-term Average
66.1mm
6.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
225.8mm
1973
Driest On Record
2.0mm
1979
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Warmer seas give east coast rain a helping hand

15:19 EDT

If you wanted to stay a bit warmer today, a dip in the ocean is probably your best bet, despite the rain.

Thunderstorms light up the Sydney night sky

13:18 EDT

Once the southerly change bumped into a low pressure trough sitting just off the Sydney coast last night, things became electric between the two.

Flood-affected WA farmers plead for faster relief funding

20:49 EDT

Flood-affected farmers in the Ravensthorpe shire on the south coast of WA say the State Government has been slow in reacting to their plight, adding there is a lack of comprehension around the scale of the damage.