Marine Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Goldfields forecast district.
Issued at 8:51 pm WST on Saturday 28 November 2015.
For people in parts of WA in an area bounded by Kalgoorlie to Balladonia to Lake King to Kalgoorlie are advised that the Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been CANCELLED.
Thunderstorms have eased in the area and the threat of SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS HAS
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.
Hot, windy weather could pose a danger on the fire ground in South Australia's lower north today, authorities have warned.
More than a dozen homes have lost their roofs and about 20,000 properties were left without power after very dangerous thunderstorms tore across south-east Queensland on Sunday afternoon.
Several people including babies have been rescued from Lismore Base Hospital in northern New South Wales after the roof of the maternity ward collapsed.