Marine Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of the
Mid North Coast and
Hunter Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:32 pm Thursday, 25 June 2015.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash
flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be
affected include Newcastle.
56mm in 1 hour to 6pm at Mereweather Pump Station.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available
place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES [NSW and ACT] on 132
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:35 pm.
If severe thunderstorms develop in Sydney Newcastle Wollongong or surrounding
areas, a more detailed Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be issued to people in
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency
Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.
The reinvention of Hobart laneways is continuing thanks to mini-festivals, and this Saturday Bidencopes Lane will light up with street art and music for one night.
The start of winter was a dry one for much of Victoria.
The month of June provided some unusual weather events for the Northern Territory.