Fairfax Media Network

ACT Weather

NSW/ACT
Wed 16:42 EST
Current Warnings
 

ACT Forecast

  • Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h turning NW in the evening. Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h. Possible rainfall: 0 to 0. 4 mm Chance of any rain: 30%.

  • Thursday Mostly sunny. Morning frost. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10% Around Canberra.

  • Friday Mostly sunny. Morning frost. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 5%.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Areas of frost and patchy fog in the morning. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.

Issued Wed 16:20 EST

ACT Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Frost then sunny
-1 13 60% < 1mm Severe N 5 84 NNW 16 50
Frost then sunny
0 13 60% - High NNE 4 74 NNW 11 51
Frost then sunny
0 12 60% < 1mm High N 2 84 NNW 12 52
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Tasmania's snowy cold snap revives fortunes of Ben Lomond ski field

16:31 EST

Tasmania's cold snap is providing a remarkable turnaround for the prospects of the Ben Lomond ski field east of Launceston.

Grantham floods inquiry hears Queensland Police could not fully investigate flood-related deaths

16:28 EST

The Grantham Floods Commission of Inquiry has heard the previous inquiry into the 2011 deluge prevented police from fully investigating the deaths that occurred during the disaster.

Maatsuyker Island power cut: Parks staff to assess damage after lightning strike

16:22 EST

Parks and Wildlife will send staff by helicopter to remote Maatsuyker Island off Tasmania's south coast to assess damage from a lightning strike which has affected weather forecasting.