Fairfax Media Network

Mount Stromlo Weather


35.32°S 149.01°E 746m AMSL

Tidbinbilla Forecast

Tonight 6°C
Tomorrow 14°C
rain

Now

8.9°C falling
Updated at 21:30 EST

ACT for Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain, most likely later this evening. Light winds. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.
Thursday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming S 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the early afternoon. Possible rainfall: 2 to 8 mm Chance of any rain: 90% Around Canberra.

Currently at Tuggeranong

24-hour graph
Temperature 8.9°C falling
Dew Point 5.3°C rising
Feels Like 8.9°C
Relative Humidity 78%
Wind icon
ENE 3km/h falling
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1008.9hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:24 EST
Sunset sunset
17:45 EST

Nearby Now

Canberra Ap 8.7°C
Braidwood 9.2°C
Mt Ginini 2.0°C
Goulburn Ap 9.5°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Tuggeranong

48-hour forecast

12am

Heavy rain
8°C

3am

Rain
6°C

6am

Shower. Chance storm
6°C

9am

Shower. Chance storm
10°C

ACT Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Tidbinbilla 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Sep 2
Thu
Sep 3
Fri
Sep 4
Sat
Sep 5
Sun
Sep 6
Mon
Sep 7
Tue
Sep 8

Rain developing

Rain

Frost then sunny

Frost then sunny

Cloudy

Possible shower

Frost then sunny
Maximum 17°C 14°C 16°C 17°C 18°C 19°C 18°C
Minimum -3°C 6°C 0°C -1°C 2°C 5°C 2°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 10% 30% 40% 70% 30%
Rain Amount
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Pollen Index Low Low Moderate Moderate Moderate High Moderate
Frost Risk Severe Nil High Severe Moderate Nil Moderate
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 4
km/h
12
km/h
12
km/h
17
km/h
7
km/h
8
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
7
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
17
km/h
12
km/h
13
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 4km/h
NNW
NNW 12km/h
NNW
W 12km/h
W
SW 17km/h
SW
S 7km/h
S
NW 8km/h
NW
WNW 4km/h
WNW
NW 6km/h
NW
NNE 7km/h
NNE
NNW 11km/h
NNW
WNW 14km/h
WNW
W 17km/h
W
SW 12km/h
SW
WSW 13km/h
WSW
Relative Humidity 65% 38% 79% 58% 74% 45% 67% 43% 69% 42% 60% 47% 56% 36%
Dew Point 2°C 3°C 5°C 5°C 3°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 5°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 2°C 3°C

Tidbinbilla Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
05:57 EST
sunrise
06:22 EST
sunset
17:46 EST
last light
18:12 EST
moon
rise
Wed 21:48 EST
set
Thu 09:12 EST
moon
Sat
Sep 5
moon
Sun
Sep 13
moon
Mon
Sep 21
moon
Mon
Sep 28

Tuggeranong Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Sep 2
-2.1°C 16°C 0.0mm
Tue
Sep 1
-2.3°C 14.0°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 31
-1.3°C 15.0°C 0.0mm
Sun
Aug 30
-1.7°C 13.3°C 0.0mm
Sat
Aug 29
3.0°C 14.0°C 0.2mm

Tuggeranong Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Sep
454.2mm
71.6 Day(s)
Total For 2015
535.2mm
66 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
492.4mm
67 Day(s)
Wettest Day
65.0mm
Apr 8
Lowest Temperature
-6.5°C
Jul 3
Highest Temperature
34.1°C
Jan 2

Tuggeranong Almanac

full climatology
September Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-2.3°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-5.5°C
1st 2012
Average This Month
-2.2°C
-6.0°C
Long-term Average
3.8°C
September Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
16.0°C
2nd
Highest On Record
26.4°C
30th 1998
Average This Month
15.0°C
-2.7°C
Long-term Average
17.7°C
September Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
62.6mm
8.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
107.8mm
2013
Driest On Record
10.8mm
2006
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Canberra experiences wettest winter in 10 years, coldest nights since 1997

15:52 EST

Canberra has shivered its way through the most cold nights since 1997 and its wettest winter since 2005.

Another ECL for NSW

15:36 EST

It's the weather phrase that makes the coastal dwellers of New South Wales shudder - East Coast Low.

Canberra's cold start to spring

13:35 EST

For most people, spring brings the hope of warm weather.